Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
I know I am not too bright, but doesn't that totally defeat the purpose of a bullet? Might as well just throw a rock!

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I just do not see this catching on..:(

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,414 Posts
"A California company..."

That's all I needed to know :)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Being tested by the new chief of Ferguson, MO.

I call it a really bad idea, maybe the lethal and non-lethal weapons should be separate?

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
Probably comes with a warning:

Do not aim at head! Could cause substantial injuries!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
if it was any good they would be showing a video with real results into test media and targets, NOT simulations

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
"A California company..."

That's all I needed to know :)
The California fruits and nuts come through again. ... :p
I wonder if that ping-pong ball is micro-stamped?

Being tested by the new chief of Ferguson, MO.

I call it a really bad idea, maybe the lethal and non-lethal weapons should be separate?
I'm sure the officers that are testing this contraption are delighted. ... :rolleyes:

Unfortunately you can't fix stupid. ... :cool:

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Wonder how that affects the draw from a holster :)

Or do you have to be like "wait bad guy, I have to put this less than lethal metal ping pong ball on the end of my gun before I shoot you"

·
Registered
188 Posts
I only have one thing to say about this. I will not pull my gun to shoot someone if i do not have the intent on killing them because there is no other choice BUT to do that. period.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Doesn't affect the sights they say? Can't see no front sight on the example gun.:confused:

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
It looks like a good way to get a cop killed. There are too many cases where the perp was hit by real fire and was able to return fire killing or wounding the cop. Also, it is misleading to state that the projectile will knock down the perp. Unlike the movie image, there are few handgun rounds capable of knocking down a determined or juiced up human. I can't imagine what sort of holster would be used to carry this contraption in a ready position. The negatives are too great for this device to be adopted by a thinking police agency.

·
Registered
293 Posts
...this misses the fundamental point: a policeman doesn't draw his weapon until he determines lethal force is necessary to stop the threat. Number one should be lethal.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I can see the lawyers having a hayday with this. They will be arguing all the time, why the police officer didn't use it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts