Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experience with Armscor 115gr 9mm FMJ in a Security 9? Just wondering if good ammo or not. It was the only available where I am so I picked up a bunch. Now wondering if I should have tried one box first. Range time is VERY limited too so may not even be able to try it for a week or two, just trying to see what I am getting myself into before I get to the range.

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
The ammo it’s self is fine, my buddy uses it in his 9 but it’s not a Ruger........

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I don't think you will have any problems. Armscor's 9mnm is US made now from what I've seen. I don't have any at the moment but haven't had any problems and also have a friend who shoots it all the time with no issues.

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,554 Posts
At our range and at our LGS the Security9 is rented and they have been using Armscor 115gr 9mm FMJ and other range ammo without issue. When I rented one when they first came out both times I used Armscor and Blazer. You should get the same results. I have learned to test ammo before buying in bulk. Each firearm has its own likes and when you find one that works go with it. Get the ammo when you can save up a supply for hard times.
Enjoy the Ruger and be safe.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm sure the Armscor will be fine. I've actually never used it, but I've never had any ammo related problems with my Security 9 with any budget range ammo including Russian steel case.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts