Ruger Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used Armscor ammo in their Ruger firearm(s)? I just purchased 1000 rounds of this ammunition in .22LR high velocity for use in my MKIII 22/45. I found it on sale at a local sporting goods store and it was moving fast so I bought two packs of ten 50 round packages for less than $20.00 a piece. It was not as cheap as the WM Federal bricks but it was cheap enough and available.

One way or another it will be used but I was looking for some feedback if anyone has used it. This Ammo is supposedly made by Armscor Precision which is located in the Philippines. I say “supposedly” only because the company web site is very narrow in information so I do not know if they are the OEM or just a distributor with naming rights. The lead bullet appears to have a brass flashing which makes them look like Remington Golden Cartridges but I am hoping they perform better. I’ll let you know when I get them to the range, hopefully this week but definitely by next week.

Any insights or information is greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks!

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,890 Posts

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are 2 Armscor websites,one for the rest of the world and one for the U.S. I was researching the Rock Island 1911's and found out they had 2 sites.Armscor Precision: Firearms, Ammunition, and Components Welcome to Arms Corporation of the Philippines :: ARMSCOR :: Arms and Ammunition
Thanks LAGun! :)

I don’t know how I missed that second web site but now I know that Armscor is the OEM and that their ammunition is manufactured to SAAMI specifications. I intend to try this ammo in any case but I would still like to hear from people who have used any Armscor ammo in any caliber in their Ruger Firearms. :confused:

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,890 Posts
I myself havn't seen any Armscor ammo even under the PMD name.So let us know how it works.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I picked up a couple of 50 round boxes just to try out in the MKII. They worked great, but did have one fail to fire. After I let it sit I attempted a second strike and still nothing. The golden coating came off on my hands worse than the Rem goldens although not by much. They also sounded pretty consistant in the report unlike the Rem.

·
Registered
72 Posts
There is a pawn shop in my town that has Armscor .380 auto for $21.99 a 50 round box. I have checked with my distributor and they are out of stock of any Armscor ammo. As for the 22lr I haven't tried it yet. Please post on how it works.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is a pawn shop in my town that has Armscor .380 auto for $21.99 a 50 round box. I have checked with my distributor and they are out of stock of any Armscor ammo. As for the 22lr I haven't tried it yet. Please post on how it works.
It’s been a while since my original post but I was using up my Federal bulk before hitting the Armscor lot. My son and I fired over 200 rounds through my MKIII 22/45 with little issue. I had one failure to eject but I was shooting from the weak hand and it could have easily been me. I had one incident where the first round of the magazine jammed into the lip of the feed ramp and the bullet was nearly split in two. It seems that the lead used is very soft so I have concerns about lead fouling. The bore looked clean after the session and the cleaning it got when we got home showed no signs of excess residues, metallic or otherwise, so I may just be a little paranoid but I was amazed at how much deformation occurred in that one round!

The ammo was accurate though so no complaints there. As was already stated, the “gold” wash came off of the bullet during handling but, as I said, I had no evidence of metallic fouling and the gun was no dirtier after the session than in any other non Remington session. The gun cycled properly so I have no real criticisms of the ammo except the soft lead bullets. I have over 700 rounds left so I will be using it for a while and I’ll post anything unusual I might encounter.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I have heard it is horrible ammo and will blow up any Ruger you try to shoot with it. PM me and I'll give you my address so you just send it to me and I can get rid of it for you. Just tryin to help out a brutha.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have heard it is horrible ammo and will blow up any Ruger you try to shoot with it. PM me and I'll give you my address so you just send it to me and I can get rid of it for you. Just tryin to help out a brutha.
I am shocked and overwhelmed by you selfless generosity! :eek: :) :cool:

I couldn’t do that to a friend and fellow shooter! I’ll just risk my own life, limb and firearm as a service to you but your willingness to sacrifice yourself has put a tear in my eye. :rolleyes:

madtown, thanks for that laugh! My apologies if I flung it a little too hard but I am wearing brown shoes today so no one can tell! :D :D :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.