Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought another gun. Worse yet, it's not a Ruger. It's a Star PD in .45 ACP. I was in picking up my new to me Blackhawk in .45 colt and after the paperwork was done one of the counter guys started writing up a tag on a trade in to put under the glass. It practically jumped into my hands and begged me to buy it too. For $225.00 I don't see how I could possibly go wrong. I only had one purchase permit and wasn't about to drive across town to get another one, so it is sitting there until I can go back.
Brian

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Brian - I had one of those once when I was a Leo. I carried it quite a bit in plain clothes and off duty. It was a great little gun! It was pretty darn accurate, easy to hide and wasn't bad to shoot in spite of the alloy frame and its small size. I especially liked the fact that it had a fully adjustable rear sight, but it was low profile. It doesn't have a grip safety, so if you carry it cocked and locked, just be sure you have a strap on your holster that goes between the hammer and the frame. Wish I would have kept mine. (Like a lot of other ones I got rid of.)

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Star was Astra? I remember the PD-one of the first affordable concealables-can't be bad-it's the right caliber!! Congrats!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rman and sheepdog,
Thanks guys. I've been looking around at Numerichs site and they have some wood grips for it( it has rubber ones on it now) and a holster will be next, and that's exactly what I'm looking for, one with a strap. No sense in carrying it and not having it ready to go.
Brian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts