Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Members will have to make 10 posts or be on the Board 30 days to use the PM, E-mail, and most other functions except read and post. Rank will change to PFC from Private after 10 days. :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi, All you good folks out there........
Always remember. There are two types of shooters.... Old ones, and bold ones.

I've been shooting for the past 58 years (date of my first confirmed hunt, 07 September 1950, and a oneshot kill it was.) and still going strong. You oldtimers can teach me a lot if you're willing, and I'm eager to learn.

Thanx RUGER for making my favourite guns, and RUGER FORUM for having me..

·
Registered
301 Posts
Welcome here Daan. This is a great forum.

Age is just mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter. ;)

·
Registered
179 Posts
New Members will have to make 10 posts or be on the Board 30 days to use the PM, E-mail, and most other functions except read and post. Rank will change to PFC from Private after 10 days. :)
Thanks, I am hopefull of surviving to be promoted. Having owned, admired and fired Rugers for many years, it is an honour to be a member of this forum.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Welcome here Daan. This is a great forum.

Age is just mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter. ;)
Hi CA,

What a relief! And I thought that mind matters most! Now I find that not minding is more important in the advancing years!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Greetings from Tennessee

Hello everybody, I have been wathcing this forum for a couple of weeks and thought it time I register and get in on the fun. I have been collecting guns for 13 years. My first gun was a Ruger P-89. My last gun was a S&W M&P 340 centenial. Well I guess the Smith isn't my last gun just my most recent purchase. I used to be into more firepower and my dad collected Blackhawks and I didn't really apprieciate the single actions until he started letting me pick one of his guns every year for a birthday present and to say I have been bitten buy the Blackhawk bug would be an understatement. I still love firepower but Blackhawks are very special to me. Two years ago I picked his 38-40, 10mm auto Buckeye convertable for my B-day present. He never liked the 10mm and had the cylinder reamed out to accept the .40-44 Woodstalker. A J.D. Jones wildcat cartridge. I would like to find a 10mm cylinder to return the gun to near original condition. Hence the handle "Buckeyehunter10". I guess that is a near impossible thing to do but if any of you know where one can be had please let me know. Thats all for now, and I look forward to being on this forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts

well it took me about 6 months to get PFC in the Marines. i suppose i can wait it out.

no, i'm not a judge. its the name of my ruger no 1 45-70.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I'm new. And I don't know how much I can contribute. I just got a P90 for home defense purposes. I plan on Concealed Carry class as soon as possible, and definitely before the end of the year. I'll be reading more than writing but I'm still happy to have found this forum.

Gaines

·
Registered
14 Posts
New Cape Town, South Africa

Morning Gentlemen
I new to this forum and hope to gain from your experience. I'm in the process of purchasing a Police Service Six. The revolver has probably been to the shooting range once in its life. Its in fantastic condition. I'm in the process of getting my firearm liscence. It takes between 8 to 18 months to be approved. Its a terrible process here in South Africa. But, I believe the wait will be worth it
Andre.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Good morning Ladies and Gents!

Hello, newbie to the forum here but I have been keeping up with it for about a week or so now. My name is Justin, 26 years old and just bought my first firearm one week ago today (Ruger 6" Security Six .357 revolver). All I can say is wow, what a piece! I may have paid a little bit more than I should have for it ($275), but for me it was well worth it considering the comments I had gathered from reading numerous posts on this forum. I have an insanely beautiful fiance named Susan who owns a Beretta .22 and loves to go out shooting at the range with me, so I really lucked out. I live in Davenport, IA and work as a senior accountant for a major rental car company. I have no kids, but I do have a Boston Terrier named Al Poochino who acts like he's a rottweiler, giving me that much needed extra home protection!! <-totally joking. Anyway, that's a little bit about me, glad to be here. Have a great day!

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
After reading this, I now know why I can't access some functions like user CP. :eek:
And to make matters worse, I already sent admin a note asking why. :eek:
I should know better. After all, I Mod on a couple photography sites. :eek:
-Bruce

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.