Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some questions about CCW licensing in Texas. I have a MI CPL and it is good until next spring, I am a veteran, and I have been here for 2 months (permanent move for work) I am going to get my TX driver's license within the next week but need to be here 6 months to establish res. Can I use my MI CPL until it is expired? I am broke, because I just moved here with a promise of relocation expenses paid, they did not, and no I am not happy! :mad: Do I have to take an instructor led course, and get fingerprinted yet again, being that I am a vet and I do have a valid CPL from another state with reciprocity? And any other useful information you may have regarding Texas concealed carry.

·
Super Moderator
21,398 Posts
I would contact the authorities in TX and ask them. I suspect but in no way know, once you get the TX DL things change and the resident MI permit is no longer valid. Asking legal questions on an internet forum is unwise. Here is a link that will allow you with a little drilling down to view TX statute.

Handgunlaw.us

You may wish to find a local attorney. You have a couple legal issues with your employer backing out of paying your relocation and the question of carry licenses.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Asking legal questions on an internet forum is unwise.
I may be a lot wiser than you think, these questions were and are directed toward residents of Texas with first hand knowledge of CCW in Texas, not from someone in NH which has absolutely no bearing on the questions I asked to satisfy my curiosity.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I may be a lot wiser than you think, these questions were and are directed toward residents of Texas with first hand knowledge of CCW in Texas, not from someone in NH which has absolutely no bearing on the questions I asked to satisfy my curiosity.
Wow, for someone needing and asking for help, you sure are picky about honest and helpful advise given.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
According to this, yes Texas recognizes Michigan concealed carry license.

https://midmichigancpl.com/index.php/reciprocity-for-michigan-cpl/

And yes, you will have to go through the full process to get a Texas LTC. 6 hours of instruction, finger prints, background check, range qual. Good news is the LTC cost has been reduced to $40 from $140. Maybe less for Vets.

This is where you want to start

https://txapps.texas.gov/txapp/txdps/ltc/login.do;jsessionid=RhpO-7Ah9PXKba8ceJZmEJVPKTdj_hubF4AOoWSkYGSjq5YVEYYd!1071291267!-474679923?errorReason=session

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Asking for legal advice on the internet is not only unwise it is also against the rules of this forum.

https://rugerforum.net/announcements/176234-legal-advise.html

RedLeatherneck you have received several responses that may assist you in your situation. How you choose to proceed is up to you; however, this forum assumes no liability or responsibility for the accuracy of the information presented or for any sources linked in any posts..

This thread is now closed.

·
Super Moderator
21,398 Posts
After spending 12 winters in Texas and carrying with a Penn and then Utah NR permits I suspect you are not as wise as you think. Thanks Waveform I cut him some slack trying to help him but apparently that was unwise as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.