Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read it on the internet (so it must be true :D )

This year's month of August has five Fridays, five Saturdays, and five Sundays, something that occurs only once every 823 years. Last time, it was in 1191 and the next one will be in 2837.
The superstitious Chinese call this a Pocketful of Money.

Happy Friday :)

·
Registered
17,239 Posts
I always liked Months with a 5th Payday.

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
Where do I go to get the money? :confused:

·
Super Moderator
22,048 Posts
I was paid twice monthly most of my life so the months with fewer days were preferable to me. Now I receive my retirement monies monthly so no change other than the effort required to get paid. ;)

Interesting when an occurrence like this month happens every 800 years give or take. I wonder if the researcher that identified that was retired as well? :D

·
Registered
12,990 Posts
I was paid twice monthly most of my life so the months with fewer days were preferable to me. Now I receive my retirement monies monthly so no change other than the effort required to get paid. ;)

Interesting when an occurrence like this month happens every 800 years give or take. I wonder if the researcher that identified that was retired as well? :D
That was probably his life long job. Crunching those numbers.:D

·
Registered
4,621 Posts

We had and paid into a retirement plan. I get two.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wonder if back in 1191, people paid attention to this 'rare occurrence' :)

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I always liked Months with a 5th Payday.
I get paid every two weeks and this month, a 3rd payday in August means no deductions for benefits which means extra money for ammo :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts