Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I'm looking for a complete Bolt Carrier Group for my AR Project and I came across the Bravo Company Bolt Carrier Group, but it says "Auto". There's a blurb at the bottom about it not being illegal to install in an AR-15 and what not. I did some Google research and found that it should work, but every so often I'd find mention of a "third hole." Just curious...

Does anyone here have any experience using a full auto BCG in a semi-auto AR? Does it work? Anything I should avoid? I'm having no luck turning one up otherwise and they've got a great price on it so I'd love to pick one up for my build if it will work.

Thanks,
Matthew

·
Banned
29,619 Posts
I would stay away from it and use a semi auto only carrier but I live in Nj and we have to be careful about nuts in law enforcement and politics.

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah... You're probably right. I guess functionally its fine, but could be iffy in some people's minds. I know that the BATFE has stated that an auto bolt carrier is not illegal to own or use unless owned/used in combination with the other required parts for a fully auto rifle unless you possess the proper tax stamp and licenses.

Just wondering mostly about function. Didn't know if there was any reason to not use it. Regarding damage to the firearm, improper fit or unsafe function.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I only run full auto BCGs in my AR15s. They are built stronger(meant to withstand full auto fire) and will last you a lot longer than the others. There is nothing illegal about them. I highly recommend that you purchase Full auto BCGs for yours, trust me.

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I only run full auto BCGs in my AR15s. They are built stronger(meant to withstand full auto fire) and will last you a lot longer than the others. There is nothing illegal about them. I highly recommend that you purchase Full auto BCGs for yours, trust me.
This is what I needed to hear. Thanks so much man! And again, you did an awesome job on that AR Pistol of yours. Definitely hope you're enjoying it.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
This is what I needed to hear. Thanks so much man! And again, you did an awesome job on that AR Pistol of yours. Definitely hope you're enjoying it.
Anytime man. Getting a semi BCG is not a bad thing, but you might as well pay a little more and get something that will last close to forever.

Thanks again, I'm really loving the new AR pistol and can't wait to take it out again.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Nothing illegal about them- some people put them in match rifles, their extra mass slows unlocking by a slight tiny amount, there might be similar advantages to putting them in a carbine as well.

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you guys so much!

As far as price, the Bravo Company Auto BCG was on sale for $159. Which is cheaper than a bunch of the other brands. I don't have my upper yet, but I think my parents are getting me the completed upper (minus BCG) for Christmas this year so I went ahead and got the BCG since I found one.

It's a complete assembled group so I think it's a fair price. And their products seem to be well-liked in the AR Community.

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You cannot go wrong with a Bravo Company anything.
Good to hear. I couldn't believe they had them in stock. I looked everywhere for one and found their auto bolt on sale for $20 off. I grabbed it so I would have it when I get my upper (whenever that is). I'm able to find plenty of those, but the BCG has been impossible to locate, especially locally because I live in such a small town.

I'll keep you posted. Again, thanks for your help.

·
Registered
659 Posts
last week Palmetto State Armory had a sale on full auto bcgs for $129 and I picked one up to put in their "machine gun" steel semi auto upper I bought on sale.they have very good prices on stuff.
'

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
last week Palmetto State Armory had a sale on full auto bcgs for $129 and I picked one up to put in their "machine gun" steel semi auto upper I bought on sale.they have very good prices on stuff.
'
Yeah... I guess I missed that one. LOL! They're completely sold out of all BCG. They have a few 6.8 SPC bolts in stock, but that's it. Sorry I missed that deal. I'm local to them so I could have saved shipping and just bought direct from the warehouse.

·
Registered
659 Posts
better luck next time,or should I say ,next rifle.this BRD really is a serious disease.get on Palmetto's mailing list,they have the best prices on ammo I've found anywhere.also, Rainier Arms has their Raptor charging handle on sale until 10/31 at a great price if you register on their site,I have 2 and love them.good luck and shoot safe.
Bob

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
better luck next time,or should I say ,next rifle.this BRD really is a serious disease.get on Palmetto's mailing list,they have the best prices on ammo I've found anywhere.also, Rainier Arms has their Raptor charging handle on sale until 10/31 at a great price if you register on their site,I have 2 and love them.good luck and shoot safe.
Bob
I think if I go buying/building anymore new guns anytime soon, my wife is going to learn how to shoot and use them on me! :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts