Ruger Forum banner

41 - 60 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
so some of the things introduced in '55: classic chevy with modest tailfins, ford t-bird, s&w 44mag, colt python, the acronym "icbm," the worst racecar incident in history at lemans, "ike" was president and a skinny kid was born that would become a grunt..

·
Registered
3,826 Posts

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
went 10 pin bowling with me mob of mates last nite all boomers this next year we all start turning 60 interesting chat over dinner was we begun to think about our end of work and retirement plans and taking care of health..

Reactions: Jack Ruger

·
Registered
2 Posts
56 Yet I feel older as my parents were married 7 years before I was born. Not sure why they waited, but old photos indicate they had a great time in those 7 years!

·
Registered
4,549 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
1950 and proud of it.
My Dad survived his ship being strafed by Japanese Zeros several times in the Pacific during WWII, and avoided being recalled to active duty in Korea because of me, so he and I were both glad I was here at all. Oldest of Six all born in the 50’s. My Mom apparently spent a lot of time barefoot and pregnant during that decade. Don’t actually know about the barefoot part, but the pregnant part is obvious.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Youngest of 4 kids, born in '54. My dad couldn't go to WWII because he was the oldest son of a widow with younger kids and he was the primary breadwinner, he was pissed because they let his younger brother serve, and during Korea they sent him to Germany. When I was growing up he was the Battery Commander of our National Guard unit and retired as a Lt Colonel From the NM NG.

·
Banned
collector of Ruger Firearms
78 Posts
im calling alittle BS here on the idea, the goal post have been moved and moved again. it was originally from end of WWII in 1945 thru Korean war in 1953. GI,s coming home and taking full advantage of the GI bill for houseing and experiencing the ugly side of war just want a piece of being normal. a wife, a home and kids. thus the baby boomers. born in 1954 is where was to be the end of them. (a year after the war ended) but some how having babys in 1959 and beyond is now part of it. now its to 1965? i dont get it. Maybe i just didn't that the war went on past 1953? or it now takes more then a year to make a baby. (being sarcastic) but let it be said, loudly. the GI,s from that 1941 thru 1953 saved the world. Scott

·
Premium Member
1,353 Posts
60 model here.

·
Grand Inquisitor
1,886 Posts
I came of age in the late 70s, so I had a lot more in common with The Breakfast Club than Woodstock. Think Ramones, not Beatles...

Just a proudly slacking Xer here, whatever the calendar says, dude. Rock on, Boomers. You did give us The Stones before they lost their way...

41 - 60 of 102 Posts