Ruger Forum banner

61 - 80 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
1947 (who were all of those old people in the photos of my last high school reunion?...class of 1965).

·
Exchequer
4,756 Posts
The youngest of four boys, born at the tail end of the "Boomer" years. And with a 9-year difference between my oldest brother and me, I still feel young at heart. My body, however, is having a hard time convincing my brain that I'm no longer bullet-proof and can't do all the things I used to do in my prime.

And, still waiting for the Member's Only jackets to come back in style.

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
2,360 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Oldest of 3 boys I was born 1953 2 brothers followed me 1957 an 1959.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
1947, same age as the USAF of which I later became a member.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ok, Boomer, lol. I've never felt any affinity towards the Boomer culture. Thankfully I was born in 1961 and never was part of the worst generation up until the Boomers educated the Millennials.
But you are the very worst of the Boomers! 😁 🤠

·
Registered
3 Posts
1946 BABY................Where in the heck did the past 74 years go?. 5 daughters, 12 cars, 4 houses, several jobs, a small business, and now many aches and pains. Well it sure was a wonderful time to be born. I saw so much. Cuban crisis, John Kennedy tragedy, Nixon and Watergate, Man walking on the moon, 911," Mr. Gorbachev tear down that wall", Apollo 13, vacations with my wife and girls, lots of weddings, bad son-in-laws (LOL), a fantastic landing on Mars, learning how to shoot, building a nice little gun collection, (The second amendment (y)) and so many wonderful things that took place. Gosh, it sure was a wonderful time to be born. Mistakes, successes, I wouldn't change a thing. I would like to squeak out another 10 healthy years though.:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Older brother...1946. Forever 19. PFC E3 KIA in Viet Nam, 11-6-1965. B/8th/1st Cav (Airmobile)
Me...1950. Sp/5 E5 . HHD 1st Sig Bde
My wife of 47 years...1954.

Like Paul says...we saw a lot of history. I was in Viet Nam when we landed on the moon. 2 kids, boy and girl. Both college grads. Graduated with NO student loans. Hummm ...9 states...11 houses...3 careers (Finance 26 years...Insurance and Investments 12 years...College Professor 12 years.) Still going strong. Thought about retiring, but why? Love my work, great pay & benefits, 403b...9+ weeks vacation a year...still contributing to the training and education of 1,000's of Financial Service Professionals annually. And...even though I sold my gun collection...237 of my 267 guns, I still have "a few" that I shoot on my personal 100 yard range, on our 6 acres. As Dan Akroyd said in Coneheads, "Life on Earth is GOOD!"

God Bless all of you Boomers...and the rest of you Ruger Folks as well!

·
Registered
4 Posts
My older brother (1947) and I (1951) qualify as boomers. Our father was in the Army 1933-37 (enlisted) and again 1942-1945 (drafted). Due to his prior service, he was pulled out of line when he reported for training in '42 and sent immediately for NCO training. He then spent the rest of war as a drill instructor. So, it's not surprising that my brother was in the Army 4yrs '66-'70 and I was in for 3yrs '69-'72 . . . just a natural progression. ;)

·
Registered
194 Posts
im calling alittle BS here on the idea, the goal post have been moved and moved again. it was originally from end of WWII in 1945 thru Korean war in 1953. GI,s coming home and taking full advantage of the GI bill for houseing and experiencing the ugly side of war just want a piece of being normal. a wife, a home and kids. thus the baby boomers. born in 1954 is where was to be the end of them. (a year after the war ended) but some how having babys in 1959 and beyond is now part of it. now its to 1965? i dont get it. Maybe i just didn't that the war went on past 1953? or it now takes more then a year to make a baby. (being sarcastic) but let it be said, loudly. the GI,s from that 1941 thru 1953 saved the world. Scott
Yes and They would be aghast at the, as You say, Moving of goal posts, of Any Kind, and avoid those who tried to..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Year GM introduced a new invention called the "Autotronic- Eye."

61 - 80 of 102 Posts