Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a little miffed at my discussion being closed before I had a chance to respond. I know quite a bit of time has elapsed since I posted but due to circumstances beyond my control I was unable to address the comments posted until now. So without further adieu here we go.
First off, I knew there was a possibility of some negative responses about my post but I certainly didn't expect as many as I got. I spent a total of 10 hours (2 hours a night for a week. Basically all of my free time) of research and testing on this pistol. (More than I feel I should have to with any new gun). (BTW, I like parenthesis) Should I have just sent it back to Ruger? Why yes I should have but I am just stubborn sometimes and hate to get stumped. Just like allot of other people I tried to fix the problem myself. Could I fix it? I am certain I can but I am not investing any more of my time or sanity when there are thousands of other guns I can buy that work right from the start. I am especially thankful to those who understood my level of frustration and offered solutions to my plight instead of ridicule. I will say this to those of you who find this particular weapon enjoyable and worth the effort. I am sure not all of these pistols experience the exact same issues I had but from what I see on the web there are plenty. I apologize for the severity of my rant. I let it get to me. I am still going to sell it for the owner as it doesn't fit his needs in the first place.

I would like to address some particular responses to my original post.

lancehankins

Partial quote;
"If you have talked him into dumping it, I’d be more than happy to take it off his hands. I’ve got a couple of these and would love to have another one."

Your whole response was awesome. I thought about a 380 or something a little larger as I know that a 22 isn't a great defense weapon but being able to stay on target might be better in this particular case. I do think she will be able to cycle a double action revolver but I am pretty certain that she is not going to be able to rack a slide. I might be wrong about these things but I will be the one teaching her and I get the final say to the husband as to whether or not this whole thing is a go or a no-go.
I may have to talk to you if you really are interested in it.

American and bigG

Yes I am whining and ranting. I am allowed to do that. I don't beleive I did not use inappropriate language or said anything to personnaly offend anyone. If I did, it was unintentional and I apologize. Again. The main problems are a failure to feed issue and a instruction manual that states to use a hammer to aid in the removal of the takedown pin and to strike the back of the bolt to do something else that I can't remember at the moment. Strike the back of the bolt with a hammer! You must be joking! And it was not a "tap" to take the takedown pin out. I broke 4 dowels "tapping" the takedown pin out. How I didn't damage the rear sight I will never know.

Lancehankins
You might not want it now that I divulged that piece of information!

XDROB
You are right. Read above. There are allot of people who have experienced the failure to feed issue with this particular pistol.

To the rest who decided to chime in, it was a rant. I am not the only person to have this problem which I feel you should not have with a new, clean pistol while using many different ammunitions. I was upset
I again apologize.

P.S. Not trashing LCPII
I bought one new that had been dry-fired which damaged the chamber. Failure to feed, eject and stove piped. Took it back to the dealer where they fixed it while I waited. Love this pistol. Just started out badly thats all.

I am sure I left something out but doing this on a phone is trying to say the least. No home internet...I'd rather spend my money on ammo.

Cheers!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Ok... just take it a little easier. People on here will help you with any problem you have with any gun... just ease up on the excessive put downs. Just one example of frustration will do.

They definitely need to get a better SD pistol.

I hope everything works out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok... just take it a little easier. People on here will help you with any problem you have with any gun... just ease up on the excessive put downs. Just one example of frustration will do.

They definitely need to get a better SD pistol.

I hope everything works out.
Thanks. I know I went a little over the top. Well a lot more than over. I did get some really informative responses though which was really nice. I tried different ammunitions and it loaded a lot more frequently but still failed at least once on every mag. I shot at least 100 rds through it. Even when it cycled properly the feed ramp still dented the bullet going into battery. And I would have thought that would surely effect the accuracy. Now I have not bench shot this pistol so I don't know whether this denting of the nose affects the accuracy or not. Just seems like it would. I was shooting iron just testing functionality and thats where I determined that it was accurate. I feel that a 1/8" longer feed ramp at a lesser angle would be really beneficial. I'm sure the information I received in the post probably takes care of the whole issue and I am certainly going to check it out when I get a chance but as I said in my second post, it's kind of a mute point since I am going to sell it and get a revolver for this person. I do love my LCP though even after my initial hiccup. I'll try and rant at the dogs here at the farm b4 I go posting next time.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I remember buying this gun with 6" bbl because I lowered dealer price a lot by saying "this gun is on display for at least a year, sell it to me cheaper or keep it for another year"
I don't understand why people pay for a "toy 22 gun" as much as they can for real gun (9mm).
Right now Mark 3 sell for 350 and I bought P95 and TAURUS G3 for $249 each.
It was fun to shoot, but considering I was not smart enough to remember how to take it apart (I had to read instructions every time)I sold it.
About non-working gun:
I do fix lots of gun problems with file and Drimel, but I do that to 1911, which I assembled from parts kit. I wouldn't file factory gun with warranty. I would definitely try to understand where problem is.
Good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I remember buying this gun with 6" bbl because I lowered dealer price a lot by saying "this gun is on display for at least a year, sell it to me cheaper or keep it for another year"
I don't understand why people pay for a "toy 22 gun" as much as they can for real gun (9mm).
Right now Mark 3 sell for 350 and I bought P95 and TAURUS G3 for $249 each.
It was fun to shoot, but considering I was not smart enough to remember how to take it apart (I had to read instructions every time)I sold it.
About non-working gun:
I do fix lots of gun problems with file and Drimel, but I do that to 1911, which I assembled from parts kit. I wouldn't file factory gun with warranty. I would definitely try to understand where problem is.
Good luck.
You are right about taking it apart. Interesting concept and I am sure that is why the feed ramp is so short, to allow you to disassemble it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts