Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's likely that I'm the only person dumb enough to slide the striker cover in "backwards" on an SR9C! And, of course, the plunger is spring loaded and is now firmly holding the cover in place, and I can't figure any way to get it out. I've tried using thin feeler gages, but the plunger is apparently in an indentation, so I can't get under it. Again, I suspect that I'm the only person in the world to do this.....but, just in case, is there anyone who has...or, who has an idea of how to get the striker cover back off? I'm thinking it's time to send to Ruger, but sure hate to do without my "new" pistol for weeks. Thanks for any thoughts/ideas.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I don't know if this will help, as I don't have my SR9 in front of me, but have you made sure the striker is fully forward and is not in the cover's hole, somehow blocking it?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SR9C Striker Cover "Backwards"

You can allways call Ruger and see what they recommend. They can't see who you are through the phone :eek:.
Update: ...called Ruger and you're right -- they couldn't see my red face over the phone:eek:. More importantly, they quickly agreed that it needs to be sent in for "repair" and, since (almost) new, they'll do it with the work and shipping on Ruger. I continue to be truly impressed with Ruger quality in both products and true customer oriented service! Thanks for the answers and suggestions.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Sounds like a good outcome.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update to the update: Received the 9c back from Ruger -- they (somehow!:) removed the old striker cover and installed a new one, test fired 40 rounds and shipped it right back to me (The technician added a friendly note on the invoice to give'em a call should I need help with re-assembly in the future;-). Yep -- great products, great company with genuinely customer focused employees. Thanks, again, to all here for suggestions also!

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Ruger sounds like they are kind to noobs like me. Good to know when I do something like this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts