Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I'm not even certain that this classifies as a holster, It does classify as a really bad method of carry IMHO :eek:

Putting it on by feel behind your back ... Sweeping your hands ... No trigger coverage ... Etc. Talk about putting your butt in a sling :rolleyes:

What say you ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaFby4MX76o&feature=youtu.be

·
Registered
428 Posts
What holster?

Whoops! Disregard. It just popped up. Slow ph connection.

Now that Ive seen the clip,I cant see anything i like about that rig.

Small of back,No thanks.No trigger guard is not so great.Then tying it up so you
have to untie it to deploy it will probably get your *** killed.

It looks like he's trying to copy the MIC holster somewhat.But in my view, this thing is a cluster.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
One of the more retarded items I have seen recently. Just a matter of time before someone blindly places the cord THRU the trigger guard and blows their butt off when they draw the gun.

·
Bat Man
1,672 Posts
Umm... No. Looks like a really good way to shoot yourself in the arse if you ask me.

I would also think grabbing that coin to pull the rope up would require more than just gross motor skills. Looks like at least some of the finer motor skills could be involved to release the firearm. I imagine trying to locate and pick up a quarter on a table behind you during a live fire exercise might pose to be a bit of a problem no matter how easy it seems when you are not being shot at.

·
Registered
392 Posts
to bad old Tex Grubner isn't doing reviews anymore, he could have had fun with this POS.
(if your a wingnut inventor, you need to incorporate and have a product liability lawyer on speed dial, good luck).

(has anybody seen a test where carry positions, holsters are tested with a shot timer? please post the link. thanks).

·
Super Moderator
22,137 Posts
Not on my Christmas wish list.

·
Super Moderator
16,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Umm... No. Looks like a really good way to shoot yourself in the arse if you ask me.....
My thoughts exactly.

Not on my Christmas wish list.
Darn it Terry ... Now you tell me! I already bought one for your Christmas present. I wonder if they accept returns :D.

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Seems like a really good way to open up some new "holes" that aren't really necessary.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Wow!!! That's interesting....

Doubtful anyone will be foolish enough to buy this contraption :rolleyes:

·
Banned
650 Posts
to bad old Tex Grubner isn't doing reviews anymore, he could have had fun with this POS.
(if your a wingnut inventor, you need to incorporate and have a product liability lawyer on speed dial, good luck).

(has anybody seen a test where carry positions, holsters are tested with a shot timer? please post the link. thanks).
A holster that I am very fast with maybe difficult for you to use due to your body type and drawing position and vice versa. I am very fast with the $15 plastic Glock holster. Other people hate the fantastic plastic holster. There are many different holsters because each one of those holsters made someone very happy.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
My $12 DeSantis IWB holster has been working fine for me going on nearly 3 years.

I think I'd rather tighten my belt a notch and just "Mexican carry" at the 6 than use that rig.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.