Ruger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This forum and the single six guys are a bad influence. I took my couple year old single six out for cleaning/re-oiling after reading all the fun you fellows have been having at the range. So tomorrow after chores I'm breaking out the SSix and hoarded 22 magnum and LR ammo. I checked the price of 22 mag ammo and was surprised at the current price. So it wont hurt so much that the $7 boxes I'm shooting tomorrow. Just got to say THANKS GUYS!
Tool Household hardware Machine Slip joint pliers Font

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Made in 2000 purchased in 2001, I noticed all my Rugers have the "S" on the "R" in the Eagle. But newer ones only have an "R", when did this happen? I did see something about they brought back the red eagle in honor of A. Sturm's passing anniversary.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I'm not sure when the "S" disappeared. My Single Six has the SR logo. I'm sure it must have been sometime after Bill Ruger passed away, because he was the one who turned the logo black in mourning after Sturm's passing. I'm sure there are plenty of Ruger historians on this site who can give the exact date of the logo change.

Well I suppose it's finally time for me to make a confession: When my Dad gave me my Single Six I was excited, but initially disappointed that it wasn't a semi-automatic (I didn't say it). I'm so ashamed to admit that I ever thought that! I fell in love with it at 1st shoot, of course. But as the years passed I became even more attached to the single action revolver & wouldn't have it any other way. Father knows best ...
Dad was a revolver man, he had one auto... a Ruger standard auto. So like father like son I went that route too. I have his standard now after he "tricked it out". It started live as a standard blue
Air gun Trigger Revolver Wood Gun barrel

model

1 - 9 of 9 Posts