1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I return the favor by thinking liberals are as stupid as people who write for the New York Times.:D

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Well, we all have the responsibility to be respectful of others, and to be responsible when shooting. And the term "your mother doesn't work here, clean up after yourself" is very pertinent as well.

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Well, we all have the responsibility to be respectful of others, and to be responsible when shooting. And the term "your mother doesn't work here, clean up after yourself" is very pertinent as well.
+1

Called "personal responsibility" and seems to be sorely lacking in today's society.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
An article in today's New York Times about target shooting on public lands gives the impression that all target shooters are unsafe, irresponsible and reckless. It's another example of how the anti-gun press seizes on the behavior of a tiny minority to condemn the great majority of us who are good citizens.
Yep..... :(

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Noise wouldn't be such an issue if they would drop the stupid rules regarding silencers (and yes the first one patented was called a silencer so the term is correct).

·
Registered
880 Posts
I always take my targets with me and before, during, and after shooting, I practice the gun safety rules. That's the least we can do.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
An article in today's New York Times about target shooting on public lands gives the impression that all target shooters are unsafe, irresponsible and reckless. It's another example of how the anti-gun press seizes on the behavior of a tiny minority to condemn the great majority of us who are good citizens.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/19/u...0150819&nl=todaysheadlines&nlid=65998799&_r=0
This is another example that shows how important it is that we bring back gun safety and safe gun handling in all schools and at an early age.
There is little logic that would prevent this, only emotions. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
My hunch is, most people reading the article will think, "Cool, I never thought of going out into the wilderness and shooting! I'm gonna make plans to do it, now. And I'll clean up after myself, unlike those morons."

·
Registered
786 Posts
Unfortunately, we also find tons of trash left by shooters here in the PNW. You can bet those aren't the same people that you see at 2A rallies, or who are writing their legislators.

I'm originally from Iowa and remember well the Iowa history classes that were a part of our curriculum. I was reminded again during the videos of politicians at the Iowa state fair. Several times, in the background was the Iowa state seal with the state motto, "Our Liberties We Prize and Our Rights We Will Maintain". Seems we need more of that attitude.

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
This is another example that shows how important it is that we bring back gun safety and safe gun handling in all schools and at an early age.
There is little logic that would prevent this, only emotions. :rolleyes:
Unfortunately, we also find tons of trash left by shooters here in the PNW. You can bet those aren't the same people that you see at 2A rallies, or who are writing their legislators.

I'm originally from Iowa and remember well the Iowa history classes that were a part of our curriculum. I was reminded again during the videos of politicians at the Iowa state fair. Several times, in the background was the Iowa state seal with the state motto, "Our Liberties We Prize and Our Rights We Will Maintain". Seems we need more of that attitude.
I am definitely on board with firearm training and personal responsibility.
We need to measure up to the double standard the liberals and gun grabbers hold us to.
It's not that difficult.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Our images are further tarnished by the idiots that shoot up road signs. Some I have seen have had dwellings 1oo+/- yards directly behind the sign.
:(
The article does have some valid points. I have seen a couple "public shooting areas" that have had a big trash problem. Refrigerators, televisons, stoves. propane tanks, car doors and windshields, One had a rules sign at the entrance that was shot up with large caliber rounds. According to a COE employee friend, it's actions like this that was instrumental in COE lands to be declared gun free. He said they had buildings shot up and signs damaged by gun fire. Now they and many other federal lands/facilities have a gun prohibition. That was was not the only reason, but contributed to it.
We need to police ourselves and if we see these kinds violations report it to the appropriate authorities.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Some people were raised by pigs and become pigs themselves.. There is no excuse for this..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts