Ruger Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
I've rode the wave of trying a bunch of "this is better than that" over the years. Always went back to Ballistol. No more wave riding for me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I use it at times. On revolvers I tend to use Traditional Hoppes #9 because it removes lead and carbon rings with less elbow grease.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Grand Inquisitor
1,752 Posts
I bought some as a result of reading about it here. Works well sprayed on the BCG on the AR, but for other applications I still like good old Hoppes, plus a rail grease where needed. I did put Ballistol on a field holster, too. Nice that it conditions leather!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ballistol is too stinky for me to but on a gun but a do use diluted Ballistol as a patch lube for my muzzle loader. Luckily the stench of Ballistol disappears in a few days so don’t smell it on my patches.

I prefer Lubegard Universal Lubricant no objectionable smell non toxic. Check out this products qualities on the URL link below.

https://www.lubegard.com/products/val/

·
Banned
195 Posts
I buy it by the gallon. No it is not just mineral oil. It is a great cleaner and protector and lubricant.. I have found so many uses it would take to long to post them. There is a great PDF on Ballistol. If I can find it I will post it. I have firearms stored for years and will just wipe them down periodically. Fantastic on wood stocks.

What I really like about Ballistol is the fact that it will not Due to the anti-oxidants contained in it, Ballistol will never harden or gum up, and retains its lubricity over extended periods of exposure.

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
davevabch turned me onto using Ballistol milk for sonic cleaning. And ever since I've been using Ballistol for all my gun cleaning needs as well.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I buy it by the gallon. No it is not just mineral oil. It is a great cleaner and protector and lubricant.. I have found so many uses it would take to long to post them. There is a great PDF on Ballistol. If I can find it I will post it. I have firearms stored for years and will just wipe them down periodically. Fantastic on wood stocks.

What I really like about Ballistol is the fact that it will not Due to the anti-oxidants contained in it, Ballistol will never harden or gum up, and retains its lubricity over extended periods of exposure.

Where do you find the 1 gallon size? I use a lot of the stuff and can only find 16 oz cans. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
Buffaloarms.com..........about $88.00.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts