Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, over at FN Forum, we're trying to get a loose affliation of gun sites together and do some banner swops - to sort of help cross advertise.

Some of the admins here know me from my time admining at HandgunForum. I now run the Fn Forum.

Anyway, we'll throw up a small banner for your site if you toss one up for us?

Let me know. Thanks! - www.fnforum.net

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, we have room for small banners - 80x30.

I have 1 banner from another site we'll be putting up on our page soon. And, in return, they have a banner up for us that is the same size. It's up at HandgunForum and 1 other site as well.

This is ours:

I can make a different size one for whatever fits your layout scheme on how you would want to do it. But this is the size we have space for on our site.

I actually made all but 2 of the banners at our site, so I can come up with something if U like.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
quote:Originally posted by blade

RNettles, my sister made a userbar:
http://www.rugerforum.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2155
I can ask her a favor to make us banner. Just tell me what size and attributes needed. She's a professional artist, and I'm using her talents from time to time. ;)
I think I'll be able to handle it... Thanks for the offer Blade.

ShipWreck, I have to wait for Keith Smith to chime in on this one, as it's his site.

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
sorry man, I been quit busy and missed this post.

I'll do a banner swap. I'll write a script that will display it.

sorry for the late reply.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool. U da man! :)

If you make one 80x30 , we will put it up. Let me know the size you want me to make one - I realize that you have to work around your design format.

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
I would like to stick to the standardize format, and the closes one to 80x30 is 88x31, will that work instead?

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
I went over to your site, and I see what your going. I'll see if I can get Rick to whip one up in 80x30 for your site.

:)

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea, sorry - we already have some size formats going. When I adminned at HandgunForum - we came up with that 80x30. And, I just stuck with that at the FN Forum. We actually had some different sized ones, and finally had to standardize them a few months ago - and we made the table to accomodate them.

I thought that if U can fit an 80x30 banner that looks similar to those metal placards some members here have in their signature, that would look pretty cool. And, it would stick with the theme of your site - and would stand out from the other banners.

As for ours, I have a few different sizes already made. And, I can always throw another together if U wish.

Right now, here are the ones I have already made:

They are various sizes because I made them to fit the dimensions that other sites wanted to post.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK, thanks.

Maybe make Ruger bigger towards the top, and make "Forum.Net" smaller.

Just a suggestion.

But if that's the one ya want, let me know, and we'll post it.

Let me know what size to make one for U.

·
Registered
693 Posts
First one is better - keeps original style of the forum site logo. RNettles, try to use flooding background under letters to add more contrast.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok, no problem. I have FTP issues w/ my firewall sometimes - so I'll get the guy I run the site with to get that up in the next day or so.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts