Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Living in the People's Republic of Kalifornia, we can no longer hunt with jacketed lead bullets so I guess I will have to use Barnes 200 or 225 grain copper bullets in my Super Blackhawk Hunter. I normally load 300 grain Hornady XTP and I know load data is sparse for the Barnes bullets. Any of you guys and gals have any experience with the Barnes bullets?:)

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I live in California and yes I have tried a couple of the Barnes products (.257 115 gr. TSX, .277 150 gr MRXBT, & .308 180gr. TSX) and am planning to try several more. I have been quite happy with them lead ban or not.

I'm not happy with this up coming ban either nor the political climate !

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Barnes Lead-Free

I live in California and yes I have tried a couple of the Barnes products (.257 115 gr. TSX, .277 150 gr MRXBT, & .308 180gr. TSX) and am planning to try several more. I have been quite happy with them lead ban or not.

I'm not happy with this up coming ban either nor the political climate !
Thanks Bob.
Do you have any experience with Barnes pistol/revolver bullets.
I have Hornady lead-free loaded for the .30-06 but I wondering about the pistol stuff.
Thanks

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lead-Free Bullets

I didn't see your reference to handguns. I haven't yet tried any of the monolithic handgun bullets but will fairly soon.
"Super Blackhawk Hunter".....:eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts