Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the right forum for this question, if not please move. I'm interested in polishing the outside of the barrel of my LC9S. What is the best way to remove the black, blueing? finish and them polish the barrel. I tried searching but didn't come up with anything.

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
Chemical removing will give you a big leg up. Naval Jelly is what I use to strip bluing.

But, I have to ask - why would you want to leave your barrel unprotected? It's not stainless. If you're recoating, as in cerakoting, you won't need to strip the factory bluing.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Plus (what Varminterror said), the barrel is barely visible on the LC9s; just a tiny part of the muzzle and the open area of the slide at the breech. That's probably why no one has done it before.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why? Why not? I haven't decided if I'm actually gonna do it or not. I was just looking for input and info on doing it. So thank you.

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
Strip the bluing and it will be prone to rust. Just not an all around good idea. If you want a bright silver barrel "block" visible in the slide, send it out for chroming.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts