Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen:

Doing my research I come up with very strange-looking question I can't find easy answer for: anybody knows the maximum barrel temperature during intensive semi-automatic fire in P-series, or maximum temperature range it designed to tolerate?

E.g. it gets hotter and hotter, some like 3.8F per round on the beginning. Then gradient exponentially decreases and temperature normalizes at its maximum point (around 140F). Is that a true maximum for Ps? Your opinions will be greatly appreciated.

PS. That could answer a bunch of questions like why fiberglass insert may eventually fall off the sight, and so on. ;)

·
Registered
302 Posts
I don't know the exact answer, but I will say this. My P89 gets really hot, too hot to touch and still shoots accurately. Rapid fire rounds builds some serious heat on an already hot day..

I am happy wth it getting the job done. 5 shots in a 3 inch circle at 10 yards rapid fire is good enough for me.

tk

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know, my P95 does the same thing. :) I'm trying to enhance its front sight and looking for materials able to keep up with the metal right above the hottest spot. Already calculated possible thermal transfusion but need to know max. temp. to start from. Can't find it in specs anywhere over the net.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts