Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Barska make good red dot sights? i was looking into buying one when i buy my AK-47. are they durable? do they last long? are they accurate?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
183 Posts
I bought a Barska 20x60x spotting scope about 6 yrs ago. It is a little foggy now but works for what i want for now. When i buy another 1 i will up grade to nikon or better.

·
Super Moderator
16,279 Posts
Does Barska make good red dot sights? i was looking into buying one when i buy my AK-47. are they durable? do they last long? are they accurate?

thanks in advance
SB ... I've been very pleased with the Barska Electro sight that sits part time on top of my MKIII512 (Nikon 2x scope sits there the rest of the time). The sight has at least 30,000 rounds on it without any issues. The red dot has stayed sharp and holds zero very well (even when removed and replaced when I change optics or field strip the gun). While I seriously doubt that it would hold up very well on anything more robust then a .22, for my needs it was good value for the money spent.

Hope it helped ... Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I put a new Barska 4X28 IR Electro scope on my SR556. On my second outing to the range the thing simply fell apart. The objective lens came completely loose inside the scope housing.

As the scope was relatively new, I got online to the Barska site looking for some customer support. All I wanted to know was whether or not the scope was repairable and if Barska would stand behind their product. Repeated attempts to contact Barska both online and by telephone never even got me an answer.

I realize that Barska makes inexpensive scopes to begin with, but I didn't realize that they were pure junk. I did expect some kind of customer service. I got zip. I have reported my experience with Barska at several online scope review web sites and also at Amazon.com where I bought it originally.

I don't know about their red dot sights, but if my experience with Barska is any guide, then stay the heck away from their products. It is like throwing your money away.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
A guy I work with just bought a Barska made EOTech copy for his 7.62 AR, it lasted a whole 4 shots before it quit. Woo Hoo!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts