Ruger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread could just as easily apply to a Ruger SR1911, so I hope no one minds me posting this here, on my favorite gun forum. (We cannot even buy Ruger 1911s in Democrat-occupied California.)

I have a Colt XSE of recent manufacture. The gun shoots great -- reliable, accurate, all that.

I was curious if the accuracy would be even better if I installed a Barstow barrel in the gun. Similar, for example, to my Gold Cups. These barrels are available at Brownell's for around $225. Assuming the price is not an obstacle, I am understanding that normally these require some filing and fitting, in my case by a gunsmith as this is beyond my skill level. Plus I don't have the tools.

So what's the deal? Would this be a good project or just a waste of time and money?

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I would think it would depend upon how well it shoots currently. Also, with the current barrel one could fit a new, tighter bushing which may improve it somewhat. It is possible that the Barsto would have a tighter tolerance chamber which may help. So, it all depends.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts