Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
You know, I went to the Bass Pro in Pennsylvania recently, I think it's in Harrisburg. We were getting some fishing and outdoor stuff for our Montana trip. But while I was there I went into the gun area to try and find a small gun case for my Model 94 (hard to find, it's almost like a case for a kid's .22 or something). Anyway, I was absolutely blown away by their selection of guns, both new and used. Really nice stuff, nice prices too from what I could tell at a glance. I made a mental note to go back there some time when I have time to just look at the guns.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i havent gone yet its like 2.5 hours from my house but the pics on the news made it seem like it was the size of a small mall...the only sporting goods close to me thats deals with guns is big 5 AND THATS 55 60 MINS away and basicly they have a few surplus guns a couple of rem i think 700s mossberg 500 590s no handguns or selection the gun stores and pawn shops when i was looking wanted close to 400 dollars for a used ruger 600 for glocks and sig the main gunshop for a new ruger p944 wanted 525 plus ca fees others were rediculus....i ended up finding a dealer out of his garage that ordered from davidsons for 434 out the door yet to shoot it yet...years ago i think for my 11th birthday i put all my money together and went to the gun stor bought a .22 rifle i think in my dads name( would that be a straw purchace) it cost me like 200 bux then i went shooting one time had to take it back the feed ramp broke off so i had to pay 25 to switch it then again same thing so i went back and swithced to a diff rifle dont remember something broke took it back ended up with a 1950's ithaca x-5 .22 still have it went out yesterday in 30 mph winds and was hiting a coke can at 150 yard bought a barska4 20 i think it has a retical that lights up red love it best 30 bux ever spent anyway cant wait to check out bass pro

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
i am ashamed to say that i've never been in a bass pro.
Cabella's, Bass pro, Gander mountain---all near high population areas therefore a 4 to 5 hour drive for me.
Maybe next time i get one of those road trip/overnighters....

·
Registered
702 Posts
We've heard the 'BassPro' shop over near Harrisburg, PA is really "neat" has lots of stuff gunwise............

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Yeah, like a big mall for us grown up kids. Even has a fast food resturant in it. Ours in Bossier City has a Sonic. I wanted to go fishing in the big fish tank but they ran me off before I could even get my hook tied on. And a little while later some guy in a fancy shirt with Trilene and Ranger Boats on it got up there and tried to catch something, but he couldn't. Sat there and talked to people the whole time like he knew what he was doing. If they just let me tie a worm on or maybe a shiner I know I could get that big ten pounder interested.
Not real impressed with their Ruger selection, but they do have a bunch of rifles and shotguns. About the only place that has much reloading stuff in the bigger stores. I like to shop the clothes racks when they have a sale. Get some good deals on things then. They seem to carry everything from Nascar to fishing boats. What else could a guy ask for except maybe a cheap steak resturant? Or how about a Hooters? Thata do it!

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I've been to that cabella's one time there north of ft. worth. Impressive to say the least. That mountain of trophys was something else. Same there, not much in the way of rugers but there were some nice .22's and blackhawks, but they did have about a dozen savage 99's that i drooled over as well as some garrands and a few others in the used gun racks.
All i came out of there with was two bags of black liquorish candy--all i could afford!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Bass Pro Shop does have a much better selection of ammunition than I can find anywhere else around here. Dick's Sporting Goods still has the best prices and the best sales on ammo but they do not offer a selection. At least they don't in my neck of the woods. The little boys who work in their gun department or "Lodge" as they call it, told me that Dick's won't order any selection of any handgun accessories or ammo.
I did visit BPS after attending the Cincinnati Knife and Gun show today.
I think it sucks that jacketed hollow points are double the price of metal jackets though. By the way, they had a sign (hold on I had to go stop a bunch of ***** from fightin on the porch) a sign saying there is a recall on Hornady ammo. It had a phone number to call for info but I didn't write it down.
Anyhow, Bass Pro Shop rocks. I get all my oil and boat batteries and accessories there. I looked at there revolvers and the prices were pretty comparable to the lower prices I see. I got to go. I can't believe these ***** are fighting over stale cereal!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts