Ruger Forum banner

BB Guns

2K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  jredwar 
#1 ·
Not sure where to post this, but ...

The gun-hating democrats in Connecticut have declared that a BB gun is (1) firearm and (2) a deadly and/or dangerous weapon.

Any other states put BB guns in these categories?

#4 ·
I’m pretty sure most large metropolitan cities here in Texas have a law prohibiting you from shooting a bb or pellet gun in their city limits.
When I was a kid growing up in the 60’s me and my buddies always had a bb-gun around our neighborhood and it was never a big deal.
Damn shame it has come to this with today’s way of life :(
My 3 boys had paint ball guns while growing up but I think they are also now outlawed in the city limits. Good grief where did we go wrong?

#5 ·
We grew up with BB guns everywhere. I about sixty years ago I had one of the very first Crossman BB guns that used the compressed air capsules for powering the shot. I could splinter the thick end of an apple crate from 15 yards with that thing. And we often had rifles and shotguns riding around with us in our vehicles when we were in highschool and college, either in the truck in the back windshield racks or in the trunks of our cars. No big deal. Now, fifty years later, I live in the same college town and we are prohibited from firing any kind of projectile withing the city limits: no bullets, no BBs, no pellets, nothing from a slingshot, no arrows, no anything. No one has said anything about water, or rock salt though, as far as I know. And I do sometimes rely on my HaveAHeart varmint trap for tree rats and trespassing felines. Man I hate cats.

#6 ·
So, lets compare this to the open carry discussion in the CCW forum. A lot of the discussion revolves around how it makes the people around you "feel." Now look at this conversation. Back in the day, kids ran around with BB guns and no one thought anything of it. How did we get to this point?

#9 ·
Is an Airsoft gun a BB gun.

You have to ban BB guns. Kids playing with them acclimated the poor child to the fact that guns are fun and not scary. This goes against the dialogue. You want people to cower in fear at the mention of a gun.

#14 ·
bwinters and Mark204, I’m not sure what your talking about. I have not fallowed the post ccw forum. And don’t know what y’all are referring to. Sorry if my comments don’t agree with you two. And I was only reminiscing how things were back when I was young. And I’m only trying to go along with the op’s message. I try to keep up with all the posts but can’t keep up with them all. Sorry for any confusion.

#15 · (Edited)
I knew Connecticut classifies air guns dangerous weapons but the last time I looked they weren't considered firearms. I'm not aware of any change. They have to be transported in the same way as a firearm and a permit to carry or transport is necessary. Carrying or transporting a BB gun without a permit is a felony. I believe a lot of air gun owners don't realize our air gun laws. When I was a kid (@1960) we walked down the street with our BB guns on our way to the woods. If a kid did that now a swat team would be dispatched. There actually was an incident recently in Ct. of a kid with his BB gun walking too close to a school that caused a lock down. Lucky he didn't get shot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.