Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Howdy,

I must admit my ignorance on Bearcat desirability. My local gun store & range has a brass trigger guard SN 22XX listed for four bills. Gonna go inspect it today. Got the green light from wife for a purchase as Wednesday is my 60th Birthday.

This used Bearcat has been there for several months and I never inspected it. Looks good to VG condition. Pricing decent?

Thanks,
Eric

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I passed. And it was four and a quarter not four. Looked real nice and it was clean. Great trigger. 1960's unmodified. But lock-up not real tight. Would have been a neat present for my 60th though...a 60 year old Ruger revolver. I went for a brand new Ruger Mark IV 22/45 to go along with the Mark IV Target I got for Christmas. That's how much I love the Mark IV. And the 22/45 is was very inexpensive.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You’ll enjoy your Mark IV. I’ve had several Mark models over the decades and enjoyed them but never had a 22/45.

about the Bearcat, I owned two of the original models with the brass trigger guards. Very nice little guns. I had a new one around 1973 and kept it for a few years and then foolishly traded it. A couple of years later I picked pretty much new 1970 and shot it until about a year ago. I traded it and a S&W 2206 for very clean Winchester 62A 22 pump.

I traded to a dealer at a local gun show and got $450 on the trade.

I decided I wanted another Bearcat and decided on a new model with adjustable sights in blue. I don’t at all regret trading it and really like the new model. The trigger initially wasn’t as good as the original model but over the year has improved after shooting 600-700 rounds through it. The adjustable sights though are a vast improvement over the old notch sights.

Later if you still crave one pickup a new model.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That Bearcat has been at the store a relatively long time. I know this establishment well and they flat out move guns, new or used. If I had a few hundred to burn I'd walk in and make a cash offer. Bet I could get them down a lot. Just have to figure out what to sell to raise the money.

·
Registered
629 Posts
That Bearcat has been at the store a relatively long time. I know this establishment well and they flat out move guns, new or used. If I had a few hundred to burn I'd walk in and make a cash offer. Bet I could get them down a lot. Just have to figure out what to sell to raise the money.
Charleston, SC Armslist has a 60's Bearcat brass trigger guard listed for $250 sale/trade...don't know where you're located, but check it out! Was on page 6.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts