Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't own a Bearcat, but for whatever reason, I have decided I want one. Don't really have a need for it. I just think they're cool. How do you like your Bearcats? Pictures please :D

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
You'll find photos of mine wearing some custom grips on page 2 of my RF album:

Bearcatter's Photos - Ruger Forum

I normally keep the factory grips on, though.

Also think about a blued or stainless ejector rod housing from EWK Arms or Hamilton Bowen. The factory housings are anodized aluminum, the only part of the gun I don't like. EWK housings made my two Bearcats perfect.

Bearcats are my favorite gun..........:D

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Here's my blued New Bearcat and, oh yeah, they are cool. About as well made a revolver as you can get. This is my most carried gun, in that it goes in my coat pocket on my daily walk with the dogs.

Bearcats are interesting guns, somewhat unique. Mine is inherently much more accurate than the crude sights allow, capable of shooting inch to inch and a half groups at 15 yards from a rest under ideal lighting conditions, even with these old eyes (on a good day). The sights really are the limiting factor on shooting this gun accurately, not the quality or the design. Despite what you may hear from some Bearcat owners, you can shoot them with decent accuracy if you take the time to work with them.

Bottom line: if you're looking for a serious range gun or hunting gun in an SA, you'd be better off with a larger gun with better sights, such as a Single Six or Single Ten. If you're looking for a sweet little gun to carry and just have fun when plinking, the New Bearcat is a hoot. I love mine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts