Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you guys have a full-time, year-round beard going? The other night on television I saw Phil Robertson from Duck Dynasty on the 700Club. The interviewer asked him, “why the beard?” to which he gave this response..., “There are only two types of people in this world who can’t grow whiskers. The first is women, and the other are children, ... of which I am neither.” He then went on about how we need more real men in this country. It was a great interview.

Now it’s been probably a few years since I grew mine out. I’m starting to think it’s about time ...

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
My clean shaven face scares some people
Hate to think how many more I would scare if I grew a beard :p

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
I do over the winter months, but with temps in the 90 and humidity to match, it just too dang hot for it in the summer.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,293 Posts

·
Boise State Alumnus
660 Posts
Full goatee here year around, compromise between full and half of a beard :D

·
Skeptical of Everything
3,655 Posts
Timely thread ... I started growing my beard about 2 months ago. Had a nice dark beard as a younger man but now I'm amazed at the amount of grey hair that dominates my mug.

I like to keep it short and close cropped ... a long bushy beard makes me look too severe and scares small children. :eek:

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Most all of hunting season, through the end of calving season here I rock a full beard, it only takes me a little more than a week to have a nice crop going. It gets shaved off about april because that's when it starts to bug me then it usually stays away for awhile. I started shaving when I was 13 and have to say it gets old shaving sometimes and feels good to just let it go!
My father has been with my mother for 25 years and she has NEVER seen him without his full beard. I know someday when i'm a bit older I will probably carry one for good.
We had a beard contest in the student government in my school last year for no-shave-November, and I did manage to pull out 2nd place. I'll have to look around and see if I have a pic on my computer of me then.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Full goatee here year around, compromise between full and half of a beard :D

Actually thats a vandyke and I have one too..a goatee is just chin hair...but like many words the definitions have blended...

I wore a full beard for about 15 years...got too gray so went to the vandyke...

One of the best quotes I read about growing a beard was "My 5 year old son was watching me shave and asked me "Why do you shave your face" I realized I didn't have a good answer or reason, so I stopped shaving"

·
Registered
761 Posts
I have been rocking a full beard for about a 3 years now, in the winter it gets a lil long for some peoples taste but I think they are just jealous. personally a man without a beard is probably a Smirnoff drinker.

·
Rifleman
1,630 Posts
Had a beard or some form of a goatee since 1983.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I've had a beard since I was 15 (54 now). Mostly because I'm too lazy to shave. About half of it is missing due to radiation burns killing hair follicles (cancer) but all I do is get it trimmed when the hair gets trimmed (#1 guard on a shearing tool, head, face, neck and palms.)

Yes, the hairy palms are exactly what my mother told me would happen... :)

Jeff

·
Reloader
4,138 Posts
Beard here for about three years. I will shave it down, but not off. Wife says I have more hair on my face than I do my head. True.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.