Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at using 250 br. BTB in the Keith style, for a 5 1/2 inch Super blackhawk 44 mag. will the plain base ones work or is the gas checked ones the way to go. Any other suggestions for a bullet are appreciated also. Thanks

·
Banned
186 Posts
If you are looking to load "heavy" (vel. above 1200fps.). I would go with a jacketed bullet.

Just my 2 cents.

P.S. I noticed in your other post you mentioned hog hunting, if thats the case I would recomend a 300gr. jac. hp/sp.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Looking at using 250 br. BTB in the Keith style, for a 5 1/2 inch Super blackhawk 44 mag. will the plain base ones work or is the gas checked ones the way to go. Any other suggestions for a bullet are appreciated also. Thanks
I have used some of Marshall Stanton's (Beartooth) 265gr Keith bullets in my 45 Colt. They are EXCELLENT bullets. I loaded some warmly and some hot, not one speck of leading from any of them.
Slug your cylinder throats and order them sized accordingly and load them as hot as you want. Within reason of course. I'd wager you'll be satisfied with them.

Joe

·
Registered
1 Posts
You won't be able to load any of Beartooth bullets fast enough out of your 44mag to lead your barrels. Go to his site and spend some time reading and educating yourself. Call Marshall and tell him what your goals are and he will personally help you. I shoot the 325gr bullet out of my 444 Marlin rifle and there is absolutely no leading. And...this bullet is going significantly faster than you will be able to push it out of a handgun. Also, these bullets plow through game with massive wound channels and complete pass thru...6 deer, 4 large hogs, and two bears later and I've never recovered one. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have used the plain base ones out of my 7.5" sbh and have had no leading problems. I am running them at about 1400fps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.