Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

Viceroy 馃煩馃煩馃煩
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being a long-time "revolver guy" this is my first full-size, striker fired, plastic pistol. Pictured here, straight out of the box. Haven't even disassembled and cleaned it yet, let alone fired it.

I have fired a friend's SR9 for a few shots at the range one day, and found it to be tremendously accurate. After dry-firing this new one, I really see why. The trigger is superb even brand new, and the ergonomics of the pistol really lend themselves to a perfect trigger break. As I dry-fire it, the sights don't jump or move a bit.

Compared to the SR9, I also prefer the 9E's sights, lack of loaded chamber indicator, and wider serrations on the slide. Oh and the price tag... This was $319 after paying my FFL's transfer fee!

There may be better guns in the world, but right now I can't think of a better value for your dollar. Now I just wish they made a 45E!

Can't wait to shoot it. :cool:

Attachments

Registered
the 9E with an msrp of $429 and a gun store price of $370 (got those numbers from Davidson's "gun genie"), has to be the best bargain in a full size pistol.
good luck and good shooting. (if you have any problems call Ruger service, they're great.)

Viceroy 馃煩馃煩馃煩
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the 9E with an msrp of $429 and a gun store price of $370 (got those numbers from Davidson's "gun genie"), has to be the best bargain in a full size pistol.
good luck and good shooting. (if you have any problems call Ruger service, they're great.)
I got mine here, and my FFL does $10 transfers. ....Ruger 9E 9mm Black Striker-Fired Pistol | Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore

Like I said, $319 all inclusive. No issues whatsoever. Had the gun in about three days.

Registered
I don't need another 9mm pistol, but I want this!!!!!!!!!

Registered
It's slowly working it's way to the top of my list also. Have a couple of others that are ahead of it but its a fluid list.
Since we are a wishin' how about a 9ec?

Registered
Congrats and welcome to the 9e family. I think it's a great pistol...Period! Enjoy.

Registered
44blkhwk, in that case I'd rather have an SR45c.

Registered
I'm also a new 9E owner. I shot a P85 for many years, this pistol just seems to fit my hand like a glove. As you observed the trigger is good and recoil is manageable even with Magtech +P+ loads. First thing I did after delivery was order 3 mags. I just love this pistol. I'm waiting for the Mitch Rosen holster I ordered for it and will be taking it with wherever I go. Good luck with it.

Ausmerican.
Congratulations mate.

Viceroy 馃煩馃煩馃煩
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Congratulations mate.
Thanks, everyone.

I'm also a new 9E owner. ...... First thing I did after delivery was order 3 mags.
Yeah, me too with the extra mags. Now, if I bought myself a "loading tool" (which is another thing they omitted from the 9E package) I'd be up close to the cost of a regular SR9, but I really think it's better to get the 9E then add on the accessories you want, just because I really dislike the look of that loaded chamber indicator on the full-price SR models.

The only downside I can possibly see is that the 9E's "black oxide" finish may wear a little easier than the SR9's finish. That wasn't a big deal to me for a bedside table gun / range toy.

Registered
Nice, congratulations.

Registered
Very nice, for that price I can't see a need to look at other brands for a solid, no frills 9mm.

I'm not much of an auto fan, it would be hard to fill the shoes of my P89 for when I need a slide gun but I could find a use for another Ruger 9mm pistol:)

Registered
Thanks, everyone.

Yeah, me too with the extra mags. Now, if I bought myself a "loading tool" (which is another thing they omitted from the 9E package.......
Get your self the "Maglula UpLULA Magazine Speed Loader" on Amazon for less than $30! Great loader.

Banned

Registered
Guess I'm late to the party but congrats on the 9E and welcome to the club. Got mine in August and couldn't be happier with it.

Fun shooter, excellent trigger, and accurate. But darn it, my wife loves it too and actually out-shoots me after I taught her the fundamentals, handling, and safety. Told her I order a thousand rounds of ammo and she said it's about time. :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts