Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend I traded my SRH for my first poly handgun. The 5inch tactical is just GREAT!!The trigger is going to train me much on trigger control the swing is much different than my 1911. The animal is accurate as you are and absolutley reliable shot some swc's, fmj's, and hollwpoints in it and ate them all,My 1911 has many dollars stuck into it to be as reliable!!!With a rest at 25 yards about a 3 inch group. I will have to shoot much to acquire the feel of the trigger.Completely pleased with the thing not a squell or whine on this one.Until you shoot one you won't believe what they can do!!!Thinking about a subcompact down the road.The whole crew laughed at the plastic outfit; now everybody not laughing much more controlable than the 1911 no problems with limp wristing either!!!The Croat engineers really come up with a great one here!!!!GIVE THEM A TRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I love my Tactical! I've taken it to the range once and am going to take it again next weekend. Maybe tomorrow if I get the time. It's a great gun! Congrats on your purchase. :D

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
I have more XDs in my future. Primarily looking at adding the 9mms Tactical & Subcompact.

One of my XD .45 ACP Tactical with my Taurus PT1911. :D

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
had mine out this morning shot 200 thru the tac and the compact,100 each iam lookin at the 9xd subcompact 3in'er ??? damn i wish id been born rich instead of so damn good lookin hahahahaha

·
Registered
143 Posts
Taurus 9MM, Nice grips on the PT 1911. I am in the market for a change from the fatory grips for mine. Who makes those? Any issues loosening up the factory grips? I have heard the screws strip a bit too easily?

-Hammer

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Taurus 9MM, Nice grips on the PT 1911. I am in the market for a change from the fatory grips for mine. Who makes those? Any issues loosening up the factory grips? I have heard the screws strip a bit too easily?

-Hammer

Hammer,

Those grips are a set of Hogues I picked up not long after I bought the PT1911. They're, IMO, much better looking than the plastic factory grips as well as feeling much better too.

The Taurus locks that come with the pistol are configured to work with their grip screws though you can also remove them with an allen wrench. Mine thankfully didn't strip out though you can replace them with aftermarket screws. Cheaper than Dirt sells 4 hex head grip screws for about $10.00 if you have any problems with the Taurus factory screws.

www.taurusarmed.net :)

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Great gun. I almost bought one...but alas, I have old school tastes and had to go with a double action metal framed pistol.

IMO it's the best poly framed gun out there.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I'm going to have to try shooting one of these XD's pretty soon. Would one of you guys mail me yours so I can try it out?:D Thanks in advance!:cool:

·
Banned
130 Posts
johngoboom,,, since your a fellow michigander,,im sure you have herd of gunsgalore,,see randy the owner tell him your looking for a kimber,used/clean he has many to choose from. and nicely priced. or if closer to the thumb area see randy at randys guns,,or williams guns has a huge selection,fairly priced. id start with guns galore first.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts