Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't drink a lot but was wondering what everyone drinks when they drink. For me its maybe a beer or two during the superbowl and a glass of wine on Christmas day.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Mostly beer. Yuengling or Yuengling Light (gotta fit the LC9 in that waistband). I will occasionally have a few drinks of single malt scotch. Or a run of rum and cokes in the summer.

·
Registered
395 Posts
A glass of dry red wine with dinner, a cool ale while lounging, and I'm not much into hard liquor, except a good brandy or the rare Irish whiskey. Maybe once or twice a week at most. Can't cloud the brain cells with guns around.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
If we go out, it's usually side but on occasion or depending where we go, it's a Captain & Coke. A few places, nicer ones, I'll go with a good Scotch perhaps. Only usually have a beer if it's something I pick up at one of the specialty stores here and then it's gonna be a good dark European brew. Refuse to have any of the weak, domestic garbage. There is one restaurant in Disney that I'll usually get a brandy.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
almost exclusively beer for me. very occasional glass of wine, or even more occasional chilled vodka with an olive, but mostly beer.

mostly heineken, though i also like the yuengling (which is virtually impossible to get out here). wish i liked bud or other american beers better but i just don't, even with lagers/pilsners.

·
Registered
17,444 Posts
Bud or Crown and water.

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
I come from a long line of big beer drinkers and in the day I was one myself. Probably had something to do with my Irish-German heritage...(ya think? :eek:). Never really took to liquor or wine though.

I don't drink real beer anymore but I have developed a taste for the non-alcoholic brand beers. I like the fact that I can still enjoy a beer without having to deal with the alcohol in it.

Most of the major breweries domestic and abroad offer a choice of non-alcoholic beer and they're not bad at all. I tend to like Odoul's and there's an imported NA beer from Ireland made by Guinness that's very good. I believe the name of it is Kaliber.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Sweet iced tea, or Dr. Pepper. I might drink six beers in a year's time (Miller) or a couple of mixed drinks (margaritas or screwdrivers), but rarely on a holiday.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Fat Tire with a burger and a good red wine with a steak.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
All of the above..... hick..... burp...... excuse me..... :eek:
But not all at the same time..... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
A Sierra Nevada Ale with meals when I'm out. A glass of wine at home.
I seldom drink hard liquor... virtually never.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Very rarely any wine at all.

Always beer in the frig for when a buddy or a son shows up. Shiner Boch or Mic Ultra a 12 pack lasts 6 months.

Two or three 24 oz ******* Sours when we get together with family. Use a Big Gulp Cup with one cup of decent Sippin' Bourbon...Knob Creek or Buffalo Trace works the best for me, but many others work well also. Add a 24 oz Mountain Dew or Sundrop and a half cup of lemon or lime juice to sour it up a bit.

Pour all of those ingredients into that Slurpee cup fulla ice, and watch the grandkids fight. Start making the second one when you are half done with Number 1...you won't need (or remember) the feuds or much else about the get together...sometimes that is a good thing. 2 is my usual limit.

·
Registered
12,990 Posts
All of the above..... hick..... burp...... excuse me..... :eek:
But not all at the same time..... :rolleyes:
Careful James. You might find yourself in such an inebriated state that you try to saddle up and ride a wallaby.:D

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Careful James. You might find yourself in such an inebriated state that you try to saddle up and ride a wallaby.:D
Got to catch the little sucker first.
You seen how fast they run..... :eek:

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Watch me wallabies feed, mate.
Watch me wallabies feed,
They're a dangerous breed, mate.
So watch me wallabies feed.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts

·
/Brownster/Blk Dynamite
1,128 Posts
I've been lovin Mikes Hard Margaritas lately. Also Olympia beer always be good.

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
2,459 Posts
Yes, please!

1 - 20 of 97 Posts