Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I have begun to carry my SR9c IWB using a N82 tactical holster. I love the holster! I wear a 5-11 1.75 web belt when carrying. I wear a size larger pant to accommodate the gun and holster. I find when I wear jeans it feels as if the weight of the gun is pulling my pants down. When I use my Fobus paddle holster I do not have the same problem I guess because it's on the outside. Anyway, any suggestions about IWB, belt type, lighter gun etc...
Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I carry my SR9c using a Crossbreed supertuck and a Blade-Tech 1.5" looper leather/kydex reinforced belt. It is way more comfortable than advertised. I totally recommend a Crossbreed holster. I used an uncle mikes iwb but draw and reholster was awful. The supertuck makes me "quick-draw Mcgraw". I wear my normal size jeans and my pants never fall down. I am totally comfortable sitting, standing, driving etc. You'll love it.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
This is a subject that I am also interested in, I currently cary my 9c in a Remora holster which works very well. Does not matter what belt I wear. Stays where I put it, the only issue is reholstering since it collapses. Also I remove it when driving, it sits nice and tight between the seat and console but I have to loosen my belt to put it back in place before leaving the car. I have a crimson trace railmaster on it so most mass produced holsters won't work. I am looking for a good OWB holster because some of my pants just don't fit right with IWB.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Anyway, any suggestions about IWB, belt type, lighter gun etc...
My suggestion would be a holster of the CrossBreed type.

CrossBreed if you prefer Kydex.

Perhaps HERE if you would prefer leather.

The two belt hook design creates stability and comfort. There are several holster makers that are doing this type of holster. The two I linked you to I have personal experience with and can highly recommend them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
jpunt,
Have you tried carrying in your normal sized pants and not the larger size? I carry a full size SR9 in a Remora and my normal pants work well. I am using a normal belt and I am adjusting the holster more often than I should, from my pants shifting and dropping a bit, so I want to get a real gun belt which should solve my problem.

I have only been carrying a month so maybe I need to get used to things more, but it sounds like you have a good holster and belt, so maybe it is the pant size.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Like "RetiredSeaBee", I also carry my 9c in a Remora holster, IWB. Very comfortable, and I like the ability to adjust the cant to whatever angle in the blink of an eye! The holster does not require a belt for stability (it has a surface that sticks to wherever you place it). Although it is not needed, I generally wear a standard dress belt over it just to provide a little more anchorage.

Enjoy! :D

·
Registered
160 Posts
I carry my G17 in a DeSantis Intruder....It is very comfortable! I have used it daily for the last six months (going to the store,driving, & etc..) and it doesn't even seem like it is there...The holster holds the gun tight against my body and the Kydex allows for easy re-holstering. The G17 is a large frame, so I just wear an oversized shirt with a pattern that breaks up the lines of my body and any "imprinting" from the gun.....The belt I have on in the picture is from wallyworld any of their "work belts" for about $10 to $15 work fine.....

·
Registered
385 Posts
Consider a Belly-Band holster too. Holds tighter to the body as any of them. Plus you can wear with basket ball shorts if you want to. Do a head stand and it still stays put. For IWB I use it or a remora to carry an LCR, snubby SP-101, SR9C and Glock 19.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I carry my SR9c in an IWB MaxTuck from White Hat holsters. It's very secure and since the holster part is Kydex, reholstering isn't a problem since it doesn't colapse. When I put on my gun I just adjust my belt 1 hole size looser. This does the trick for me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I appreciate the information. I bought the "N8 Squared Tactical" due to all the positive feed back it was receiving. I have worn it a half dozen times and I feel the weight of the SR9c. I really like the holster but just haven't found that comfort level yet. I am carrying at 4 o'clock. I may need to check out the holsters that have been suggested.. I just don't want to end up with the proverbial "box" of holsters. I might even look at a lighter firearm for CCW.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I wear a tee shirt under any IWB carry, basic white tee tucked in my drawers just makes it all more comfy. Another thing to try is a good pair of Perry suspenders, they hook to your belt and help with a heavy gun.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I appreciate the information. I bought the "N8 Squared Tactical" due to all the positive feed back it was receiving. I have worn it a half dozen times and I feel the weight of the SR9c. I really like the holster but just haven't found that comfort level yet. I am carrying at 4 o'clock. I may need to check out the holsters that have been suggested.. I just don't want to end up with the proverbial "box" of holsters. I might even look at a lighter firearm for CCW.
Well, I'm not familiar with the "N8 Squared Tactical" holster that you own. The design of the MaxTuck from White Hat or the SuperTuck from Crossbreed spreads out the weight of the gun on your belt making it more comfortable to carry. You do still feel the weight but it's not centered on one point on the belt. For lighter carry I have the LC9 also. It's much lighter and slimmer than the SR9c. That's one option (of many out there). There's alot of small pistols that I'm sure everyone will be mentioning.;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
i WEAR A GLOCK 30 IN A BLADE-TEC RAZOR IWB HOLSTER AND ITS SO COMFORTABLE ITS EASY TO FORGET ITS THERE. I HAVE A CRIMSON TRACE LAZOR GRIP ON IT AND A SIDER LOCK TRIGGER FROM LONE WOLF TO ENSURE THAT THERE ARE NO UNINTENDED DISCHARGES. i ALSO WEAR A GLOCK 27 WITH THE SAME MODEL HOLSTER AND TRIGGER AS AN ALTERNATE WEAPON. EITHER GUN CONCEALS EASILY UNDER A LARGE T SHIRT OR OTHER SHIRT NOT TUCKED IN. I LIKE A REGULAR T SHIRT UNDER THE GUN SO IT DOESN'T STICK TO MY SKIN.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've recently started using a Desantis Dual Carry holster for my sr40c, using it IWB @ 5oclock. Its very comfortable whether I'm sitting at my desk at work or driving my truck or just walking around but its a pain in the ass to reholster it at any time. I'm considering a White Hat holster or something similar if this one doesnt work out.

·
Registered
55 Posts
i carry a SR9c in a kholster holster,, my normal size jeans and no belt, i never had a problem with it pulling them down.. my biggest thing is i sometimes forget i have it on. pulls out and re holsters fine

·
Registered
70 Posts
If you haven't already realized it, this will be a personal preference thing for you just like it is for everyone else. I have a drawer full of IWB holsters I have tried. None worked for me. However, the N82 was the most comfortable of the IWB holsters I tried.

I now carry either OWB (S&W Bodyguard 380) in a Simply Rugged Cuda holster or else in a shorts pocket (S&W j-frame in a Desantis Nemesis).

You will end up with a drawer full of holsters, too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I recently bought my first kydex holster for my SR40C and LC9. Do yourself a favor and look up Ozark Holster company. Talk to Dustan. I ordered my holsters one night about 6:00 and three days later they were at my door. Price is great and I really like both my holsters. You can buy two for what one super tuck will cost. He will probably have your holster in stock ready to ship. Tell him one of the MS boys sent you.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Talon Training Group makes a real nice iwb holster. If i remember right, they're in Florida. Excellent prices too, and very easy to deal with.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Talon has got a couple of videos on youtube. That's where i got the idea of trying one for my lcr. It's really an excellent product. I'm not affiliated with them in any way, but they do have good stuff.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts