Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The year is 1907.....but the speaker knew what he was talking about.

Theodore Roosevelt's ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN in

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes
here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he
shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an
outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or
birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming
in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no
divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something
else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the
American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the
English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is
a loyalty to the American people."

·
Registered
268 Posts
I came here to the US with a green card(canada).finished high school joined the army(73)and recieved my american citizenship in the army (1975).stay in the army for over 20 years so here is a american to the bone but if anyone asks I am a texan:D.
pete

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
quote:Originally posted by txpete

I came here to the US with a green card(canada).finished high school joined the army(73)and recieved my american citizenship in the army (1975).stay in the army for over 20 years so here is a american to the bone but if anyone asks I am a texan:D.
pete
We're glad to have you! (Even if you are texan.:D:D)

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
quote:Originally posted by txpete

pete
We won't hold it against you being from the same State as Sheepdog. J/K Texas and Sheepdog both are alright.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Trouble is you will never here that and a lot more said by our fore fathers in a school house. American history is not taught like it use to be. Most never heard of Teddy Rooesvelt.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Teddy was a big ole puppy till you kicked him-then he was Max's worst nightmare--I have great respect for the man's life-wish that he were president now-a Bull Moose might clean out the barn a little...he also loved guns and hunting-quite a man, from what I've read.....thanks for sharing -I'm going to have a thousand business cards made up with that on the back and give them out-see you on the news!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts