Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Have gun, will travel
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Twice last year I was forced by the State of California to buy a brand other than Ruger. There is only one Ruger semi-auto available for sale here, the LC380. This forced me to buy a CZ75B in 40 S&W and a Walther P22. I suppose I was lucky as these have both been very good guns very reliable and accurate as well. I really did want a SR22 and an SR40.

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
That would stink! Seems like you have two possible solutions: 1) elect state government representatives that will reinstate the second amendment to the state of California, or 2) move to a free state. From the outside, option 1 does not appear very likely.

·
Banned
151 Posts
i used to live in a state as bad,,,,,,nj......never again...i love living in a free state ...

·
Registered
495 Posts
What a strange state.
Do you have to be home by 2300 each night as well?
Your forgiveness please sir, no personal affront intended; just a very strange (and sad) state of affairs to treat law abiding citizens in such manner.
And I suppose the gang bangers & illegals need no permissions at all.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
It is tough to stay here.....

·
Registered
671 Posts
If you want more gun options then move to a different State. Was the best thing I ever did by leaving California.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Twice last year I was forced by the State of California to buy a brand other than Ruger. There is only one Ruger semi-auto available for sale here, the LC380. This forced me to buy a CZ75B in 40 S&W and a Walther P22. I suppose I was lucky as these have both been very good guns very reliable and accurate as well. I really did want a SR22 and an SR40.
Nothing wrong with the 75B.
You have a fine handgun there.....
;) :D

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
I have to agree with James6591 with the CZ75 B in 40 S&W thats a very fine handgun. Don't feel too bad as to to buy a Ruger, yes I agree living in Ca. when it comes to your gun rights and etc really has its short comings to the point I am glad I do not live there. Thats part of the facts that there are certain states we call very restrictive and Ca. basically leads the pack on that one. Just glad you found something that works and CZ makes nice stuff!!

·
Registered
518 Posts
I'd give Ruger the details of this. Sounds like a follow the money deal and some official is being paid to bar Rugers or perhaps his palm wasn't greased.

Needs investigation.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I left California in the Fall of 1978. I go back for a visit every now and again. These visits remind me of why I left. I realize leaving may not be an option, and that case I would suggest that you and your friends get involved in the states politics and work to change it. I know that is easier said then done but I believe even a little may help.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
lives in California

Complains about gun laws

:rolleyes:

Nobody is forcing you to buy non-Rugers, you're choosing to live in a state where most Rugers are discriminated against. If I were you I would consider my Rugers undocumented and point out the fact that they reside in a sanctuary state.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I'd give Ruger the details of this. Sounds like a follow the money deal and some official is being paid to bar Rugers or perhaps his palm wasn't greased.

Needs investigation.
Ruger knows all about the CA approved registry and how every item added or recertified has to incorporate microstamping.

·
Have gun, will travel
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My home state was stolen!

The whole reason Rugers aren't sold here is the "California safe gun roster", that is the law as far as what can and can't be sold. This state was predominately conservative until the 1970's. It was in the 70's that the population changed to being more thfan 50% born somewhere else. I'm a 3rd generation native, and noticed the difference when I returned from overseas in 1969.
My family still insists on staying, but Texas, Utah, Arizona , and Idaho are looking pretty good.

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
It's a tuff order to move out of state but not difficult to do. I guess it's a matter of just how bad a person wants to stay because of one's health or family needs.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Congrats on the new purchases. CZ makes really good stuff. An "85" is on my list to get at some point.

As to California. I have a lot of respect for the tenacity of Californian gun owners fighting the direction their State is headed. That said, barring some earth shaking events, I believe that it will only get worse there. The Nation is polarizing. Red States are relaxing 2nd Amendment laws while Blue States are tightening them. It will get worse out there.

Each of us must decide our priorities. Thankfully, I have reached the point in my life that I could move if my home State dramatically changed. Others have not reached that point. My fear is that at some point, the Feds will step in and take away the ability to find any 2nd Amendment haven.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts