Ruger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have come into possession of a NIB Ruger buckle made by Raintree Buckles and Jewelry Inc. of North Hollywood Ca. The buckle is dated 1980 and model # GL 5 Ruger. I have carried it to gun shows, collectible shows, etc. No one has ever seen one like it.
Supposedly it was purchased new during "Mule Days" in Bishop Ca. in '80-'81.
It is a beautiful buckle, I just don't have the equipment to post pictures.
Anyone have a lead as to where I can find it on the internet? My "googlefu" doesn't seem to lead anywhere productive except Raintree address and #.
Thanks.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found out that Rain Tree made a few of these buckles without authorization from or by Ruger and they were threatened with legal action. Maybe thats why I've never found any one that was aware of it. No one seems to have any specifics, so I have to hold it as a rumor with possibilities of some truth.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I worked at a leather shop in 1978 that sold buckles, a batch came in one SR eagle and a oval the simply said "Ruger". The owner said to buy them due to a recall because of copyright infringement. The buckle with out the SR is a Hank Williams jr buckle.
Wood Font Jewellery Oval Metal

·
Registered
102 Posts
Look like this? It looks like it’s in bad shape. Listed on eBay at $20 Buy It Now.

Motor vehicle Badge Font Crest Emblem

Brown Auto part Gas Font Metal

1 - 10 of 10 Posts