Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Forlorn Hope
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, so the situation is that I don't wear heavy belts, when I wear belts at all. I tend towards elastic wasted pants. Sure, I can wear a gun belt when I go to the range, but have otherwise defaulted to pocket carry (or a small messenger bag).

Recently I purchased a small neck holster for my LCP, and it is great, for what it is (and I thought up a way to use it as a minimalist shoulder rig, but that is not important ATM.). But it got me thinking, and I spoke with the owner of Pyntek Holsters, and he hooked me up with a Kydex holster, modified with 2 off set holes for a shoulder strap.

The idea is that the weight of the holster will be carried by a shoulder strap (under your shirt) and the holster will be clipped directly to your pants. It seems to work, so far, and regardless the quality is fantastic!
Thoughts?

·
Forlorn Hope
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited by Moderator)
Update: I had to loosen the tension screws because the holster would pull up when I drew the pistol, and it seems most comfortable in an appendix position, rather than on the hip (where I had intended), but I'm still experimenting. What I can say, is that it is very comfortable, and the support strap (for now just something I had) already seems very functional.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Pretty cool holster ! I also like to wear belt less pants when ever I can :) But when out and around I do use a belt ! Seems when I lost about 20lbs my butt fell off so my drawers will slide down lol , But I may give that holster a try ,beats changes pants anytime I run out :) Thanks

·
Forlorn Hope
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
...so my drawers will slide down lol , But I may give that holster a try
So it turns out that the shoulder strap, effectively acts as suspenders, so wearing the holster keeps my trouser waist up.:) As for the holster, you will want to speak to the man who makes the holsters, as it is not offered on his website (yet?) as he and I came up with it. No extra cost, and he can do it with any of his holsters.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts