Ruger Forum banner

Beltless IWB Kydex Holster?!

866 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Gladius64 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey all, so the situation is that I don't wear heavy belts, when I wear belts at all. I tend towards elastic wasted pants. Sure, I can wear a gun belt when I go to the range, but have otherwise defaulted to pocket carry (or a small messenger bag).

Recently I purchased a small neck holster for my LCP, and it is great, for what it is (and I thought up a way to use it as a minimalist shoulder rig, but that is not important ATM.). But it got me thinking, and I spoke with the owner of Pyntek Holsters, and he hooked me up with a Kydex holster, modified with 2 off set holes for a shoulder strap.

The idea is that the weight of the holster will be carried by a shoulder strap (under your shirt) and the holster will be clipped directly to your pants. It seems to work, so far, and regardless the quality is fantastic!
Thoughts?

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Update: I had to loosen the tension screws because the holster would pull up when I drew the pistol, and it seems most comfortable in an appendix position, rather than on the hip (where I had intended), but I'm still experimenting. What I can say, is that it is very comfortable, and the support strap (for now just something I had) already seems very functional.

#3 ·
Pretty cool holster ! I also like to wear belt less pants when ever I can :) But when out and around I do use a belt ! Seems when I lost about 20lbs my butt fell off so my drawers will slide down lol , But I may give that holster a try ,beats changes pants anytime I run out :) Thanks

#4 ·
...so my drawers will slide down lol , But I may give that holster a try
So it turns out that the shoulder strap, effectively acts as suspenders, so wearing the holster keeps my trouser waist up.:) As for the holster, you will want to speak to the man who makes the holsters, as it is not offered on his website (yet?) as he and I came up with it. No extra cost, and he can do it with any of his holsters.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.