Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guy at the flea market gave me this Benchmade knife because he had it all day and couldn't sell it. I didn't know what it was, either, until I got it home and googled it.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Nice Sparkplug. Don't know what they call this model but I know Benchmade are super quality and they ain't exactly giving em away. many have the S30V steel.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Not to be too cynical, but there is nothing like that in their catalog, and the thumbstud on the blade in that picture doesn't look like one on any Benchmade I've seen. Maybe he gave it away because it was a fake? But the price was right regardless.

The only places I can find online that carry something like that are definitely not authorized Benchmade distributors;

http://www.shenzhen-wholesale.com/mtd011-craft-pocket-knife_sku3120.html where you can buy that model for "US" $3.76
A real Benchmade? for under 4 bucks, Not a chance...

Plus, Benchmade puts their butterfly logo on the blade only, not on the stocks. The model number will also be on the blade, under the logo.

What the logo should look like

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
My Benchmade 740 DeJavoo. Yes, I know it's not a Ruger keeping it company this time, but I do like some variety. ;)

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not to be too cynical, but there is nothing like that in their catalog, and the thumbstud on the blade in that picture doesn't look like one on any Benchmade I've seen. Maybe he gave it away because it was a fake? But the price was right regardless.

The only places I can find online that carry something like that are definitely not authorized Benchmade distributors;

http://www.shenzhen-wholesale.com/mtd011-craft-pocket-knife_sku3120.html where you can buy that model for "US" $3.76
A real Benchmade? for under 4 bucks, Not a chance...

Plus, Benchmade puts their butterfly logo on the blade only, not on the stocks. The model number will also be on the blade, under the logo.

What the logo should look like
Thank you so much for the info. I will bring it up to the house, later on, and study it. Is nothing sacred anymore???

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
From Gucci to Benchmade, the Chinese consider no trademark sacred.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts