Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some people love them, some loathe them. I like them and accumulated a few over the years

I bought my first one in 1989, Lethal Weapon was all the rage then. It was a second hand 92 F made in 1986. Shot it a lot, then tinkered with it, threaded barrel and B&T silencer, Tasco pro point on a B square mount. I still use it occasionally and it’s still going strong.

In 1999 I had the opportunity to acquire this 93r at a bankruptcy auction, complete with box, two mags and folding stock. Undated but the serial number is close to the 92 F above, so it might be a 1986 too. I asked Beretta but they sadly never bothered to respond.

In 2010 I bought this 92 FS made in 1993, I prefer the straight dust cover vs the slanted one

It also has an accessory, an 8” sport barrel.

A hard to find one that took me a long time to get. 92 Combat made in 2001

Another not so common one, I had an instant crush on it, 92 steel I from 2010

Finally I recently bought a M9A1, NIB from a private seller 40% below list price

Family photos

·
Exchequer
4,927 Posts
Yowza! Really impressive collection of Berettas.

I think Beretta makes some fine firearms - and the 92 is one of them.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Niece collection. The 92 is an iconic pistol. I once owned one, loved it but sold it for smaller and lighter. I think the OP’s. collection will have increasing value over years to come once the i2 series is retired or replaced.

·
Premium Member
4,391 Posts
Very nice. That's an impressive collection.

I hated the 92 when they were forced upon us in the Marine Corps. I wanted to keep my M1911. Fast forward 30 years and I've changed my mind. I still love 1911's but the Beretta 92 has proven itself to me time and time again. I've owned several but only have one at the moment. It's an FDE M9A3. Superb pistol. I like it better than my beloved P226. The only thing the Sig has over the Beretta is the night sights. By comparison the Beretta's are pretty small.

I'd love for Beretta to make an M9A3 in 40S&W. I had a 96 but in a stupid moment I sold it. Been regretting that for a while.

Reactions: OLIMKI

·
Registered
7,970 Posts
Really, what’s not like? That’s a fine bunch of weapons you have there. (y)

Reactions: OLIMKI

·
Registered
635 Posts
I have a 92FS that I converted to 92G now that Beretta makes the parts available. Most of the criticizm I have read about the 92 has been by people who: 1) have an infatuation with the 1911, and/or, 2) dislike the 9mm cartridge. And these are their reasons for hating the 92. That is an impressive collection.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I fit somewhere in between the extremes on the 92, I like mine but do not shoot it as well as some of my other handguns. Mine is like the first one you showed, a 92F, made in Italy but with plastic grip panels.

Bruce

·
Exalted One
1,867 Posts
Have two Berettas: a stock 92FS and a CX4. Love them both, and both are stock - as I prefer them. Got the 92FS since it was basically the same as an M9 - which was my issued sidearm in the latter part of my career, and the CX4 just because I wanted a PCC that would take my 92FS mags. My EDC is a Bersa 380, though - the 92FS is just too heavy and bulky for my slight 128# 5'10 frame.

Nice collection!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Most of the criticizm I have read about the 92 has been by people who: 1) have an infatuation with the 1911, and/or, 2) dislike the 9mm cartridge. And these are their reasons for hating the 92.
Maybe, I guess.
I think the M92 is a very handsome gun. I have one, and it shoots GREAT.

My only complaint is that you never know when the locking block is going to break - I've already been through a few on my work gun. It would be wise to have a couple of spares tucked away.

·
Grand Inquisitor
2,120 Posts
I love the design. It and the CZ 75 look distintive, something hard to say about most other 9s, and it’s all-metal. That makes it one of the few modern 9s I want to own.

Question is, Inox or M-9? No rail for me, but a 92 will be my 2022 firearms purchase. I will add wooden stocks and tritium or truglo.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Agreed nice collection. I have 2 of the Taurus and versions. A PT 92 and a PT 100. I like those a lot.
I have several Beretta 92’s spread out over the years, but I like my 2 Taurus PT 92’s an early on from 1984 and a later stainless PT-92 AFS decocker version. I like them more than the Berettas since the safety is frame mounted and turns of with a natural normal swipe down.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Maybe, I guess.
I think the M92 is a very handsome gun. I have one, and it shoots GREAT.

My only complaint is that you never know when the locking block is going to break - I've already been through a few on my work gun. It would be wise to have a couple of spares tucked away.
The factory recomends changing the locking block every 4000 rds. I've put way more rds on my locking blocks than recomended, many of them in the +P catagory. If you look at the locking block, the ears (the part that locks) have a radiused inner angle, the original ones were square. In the late 50's the de Havilland DH.106 Comet was the first commercial airliner, but was taken out of service after 3 broke up in flight. The major problem with the airframe was excessive stress at the corners of square windows. Too bad Beretta didn't learn that lesson. I think 4000 rds is a little excessive, considering the change in design, but periodically changing out the locking block is a good idea and they're not terribly expensive.

·
Corps Commander NGV
6,285 Posts
You never fail to impress Sir. That is an awesome family of pistols! The 92FS with 8" sport barrel is extremely cool. Your 92 Combat is a version that I would love. I never tire of seeing that sexy 93r. A machine pistol with folding foregrip and sleek Italian lines is something I can only dream of. Thank you for sharing your amazing collection with us!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts