Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This a picture of one of the hand guns that was very popluar with most of the shootest of the times 1880 or so. From what I have read they were pretty common place. In the early westerns they didn't take the abuse a colt army would so they weren't used much at all in the b westerns. They were pretty pricey also so the adverage cow poke wouldn't normal have one.
Still today they are pricey this one set me back 12 big one. But its what I wanted and the shop gave me extra time to pay for it. Its a whole different world in shooting it, the recoil is straight back so ya can get back on traget faster. And since its a break open unloading and reloading is much faster than with colt army type weapon.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I love that grip and I've seen them before---or what they replicate...but not in .45LC....that's a whopper for a top-breaker to handle...must be strong---Beretta quality? Real nice, sounds like a sweet shooter...congrats!!! Wonder if a Packy K-frame round butt grip would fit that?

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it might never thought of that, I have thought about putting some scrimshaw grip pannel's on it then I think just white and then I decide leave it alone. lol keeps my mind active.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
very well, and easier to get back on traget the recoil is straight back no roll in your hand.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Sure is a nice one you got there.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks ya'll

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
I'd like to get one of those but if I recall correctly, the ones I've seen in the past on gunbroker were over $1,000.00.. so a little over my price limit. :D They do look gorgeous though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts