Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife just found one in "mint condition" (and priced accordingly) and is going to buy it, what information can anyone give us on this pistol ? Any ammo to avoid? Reliable? Any feed problems with any ammo that you know of etc?She is used to the .40 as we've owned several btw. I'd really appreciate any information you can give us on this, thanks in advance!:)

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Didn't know exactly what that was so i checked the blue book and found the following info condensed down to this:
its a 96 brigadier except has a 4.7" stainless barrel, many standard IDPA competition features including front and rear slide serations, skelton hammer, removable 3-dot sighting system, includes Elite engraving on slide. Introduced 1999.

98% condition valued at $575

As far as berettas are concerned, i think they are good guns but a bit large in the grip for me. A std beretta 96 has still been one of the softest shooting (recoil wise) 40 cal pistols that i have ever shot. I've read somewhere that they have a rated service life of 30,000 rds for the 96 but can't verify that. As far as ammo, I don't have a clue for the beretta. I have found hornady xtp hp to be very reliable in my sig pro.

·
Registered
842 Posts
A friend and I have friendly arguments about which is best, the 40 S&W or the 9MM. I've shot his Beretta 96 quite a bit. Easy shooting reliable gun. Maybe a bit large for some people to carry concealed. A couple of years ago he bought a Ruger P95 and uses it for Summer time carry. He likes it a lot but anytime he wears a jacket in cooler weather he carries the Beretta. Maybe a bit more recoil than the 9MM but doesn't really seem that much to me.
Baker

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both SO much for the replies, sounds like she did well, as she paid less than that and it's in very good condition!

We appreciate very much you both taking time to respond with some extremely valuable information!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, here she is, she LOVES it btw!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice gun. She's set to go:)
Baker
Thank you!

She is one sweet shooting pistol! I have to admit , she's pleased and I enjoy shooting it as well! Cycled my reloads 100% AND super accurate, I'm impressed to say the least!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Once again thanks for the great compliments!

As for recoil , not much at all, our 13 year old son LOVES shooting it (much more than our 9mm) some say the frame absorbs most of it, not sure, but whatever is happening it "works" and works very well..:)

·
Registered
133 Posts
WOW! Tell her she doesn't need anything else. That'll do it! I like the black....hard to see in the dark.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts