Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Berry's Manufacturing, my new preferred maker of copper plated bullets in the U.S.A; is so busy they are no longer taking orders.

On Tuesday, I ordered 1000 bullets (.380) from them for $79. This will cut my cost by 20%. They also offer free shipping on orders over $75. I got a confirmation e-mail & they had stated they were 6 weeks behind on orders due to the volume.
On Wednesday I went back for a 1000 9mm & this was posted:

DUE TO OVERWHELMING DEMAND WE ARE NOT ABLE TO TAKE ANY RETAIL ORDERS UNTIL WE CATCH UP. WE ARE WORKING 24/7 TO CLEAR OUT THE CURRENT ORDERS AND AS SOON AS WE HAVE CAPACITY WE WILL MAKE THEM AVAILABLE ON THE WEB.

1st primers & now this! What's a re-loader too do!!!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
they did this A while back when the last shortage hit, hey at least they tell u whats goin on with them, lot of companies just put u on back order, give them a few they will be back,

·
Registered
785 Posts
It was inevitable. Once the factory ammo goes dry, components are next.

I wasn't into gun for the last gun buying crazes but now I know better. Once supply is back to normal I'm going to make sure I have several thousand components for everything I reload.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I received an order from them today (.38 special copper plated FN). I placed the order about 2 weeks ago. I also ordered 147 gr and 124 gr 9 mm bullets. Looks like I wasn't the only one placing an order.

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, you can add Power Valley, Inc & Rainier Ballistics to the ever expanding group of companies not taking new orders!

This is becoming critical!

·
Registered
529 Posts
reloading Supplies

Placed an order with MBC lst week and i was told they were sizing the bullets I was ordering 230g softball so I felt pretty good even though there was an alert saying expect up to 5 to 6 weeks to fill ordersbut, I still called hoping I'd made it under the wire. Nope received call back from owner and he assured me their doing their best. and when he was at the big gun and ammon show companies like Federal may a comments like " if we didn't take any new order it would still take us a year to catch" ( this is second hand not gospel) I did double my order. I have 200 230g RN after that I might have to start reloading my 45ACP JHP it might be cheep reloading but, I'd rather not use them for hole punching. Out the shelve are looking pretty slim to bear.
Alot more new reloader getting into the hobbie. Who-Ra

·
Registered
529 Posts
I'm seeing 1K pistol primer 60dollars( magnum and on craigslist I don't buy there(at least for that price) but Like I mentioned shelves are getting bear and some of the store that do have stock are putting limits on.

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is now on their website:

CURRENT ORDERS ARE 6-8 MONTHS OUT, WE'RE WORKING 24/7 TO CLEAR OUT THE CURRENT ORDERS AND AS SOON AS WE HAVE CAPACITY WE'LL MAKE THOSE PRODUCTS AVAILABLE ON THE WEB.

·
Registered
356 Posts
$24 shipping for 500, $42 for 1000. OUCH!

... and their website says they are out of stock on most 9mm stuff, April for 115 gr and March for 124 grain.

Still, its a good source to add to the address list. It looks like this is going to be a long spring. But once they are back in stock, everybody will order 10,000 of everything, and the cycle will start over. I had a moment of insanity last fall and bought 10,000 small pistol primers and 8 lbs of Titegroup. Gee, now all I need is brass, and bullets and I'm back in business.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hmmmm! Let's see. What did I do with my bullet molds and lead ingots? Oh yeah! There they are!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Precission Delta WEB site today

******** NOTICE ******** NOTICE ********

DUE TO THE TREMENDOUS VOLUME OF ORDERS BEING PLACED FOR BULLETS/COMPONENTS AND AMMUNITION WE ARE BEHIND ON PROCESSING AND SHIPPING ALL ORDERS

ESTIMATED SHIPPING TIME FOR BULLETS(COMPONENTS) IS 12 WEEKS OR MORE / RELOADED AMMUNITION
8-10 WEEKS / 40 S&W, 9MM, & 45 Auto NEW AMMUNITION 3-4 MONTHS
THESE ARE ESTIMATED TIMES – IT IS A POSSIBILITY SHIPPING TIMES MAY BE LONGER

IF YOU WANT BULLETS AND AMMUNITION,AND CAN WAIT FOR THEM PLEASE PLACE YOUR ORDER NOW TO GET IN LINE FOR SHIPMENT. WE WILL NOT CHARGE YOUR CREDIT CARD UNTIL YOUR ORDER SHIPS. WE APPRECIATE YOUR BUSINESS AND YOUR PATIENCE DURING THIS TIME.

Product is on backorder and will be shipped as soon as available. Your credit card will not be charged until the date of shipment.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Berry's is at least allowing you to order now. They say there is a backlog of 4 to 8 weeks for delivery.

I'm glad they're back.

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Berry's is at least allowing you to order now. They say there is a backlog of 4 to 8 weeks for delivery.

I'm glad they're back.
I 2nd that! I had ordered 1000 .380 a while back & they are on the way. I just ordered 1000 9mm. I like the free shipping!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Cablelas actually has some berrys bullets in stock. It says limited quanities though! I just ordered a box of 250 9mm 124gr hp's. That will be enough for me right now. I may do a backorder from berrys website later.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts