Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought one yesterday, $219 brand new. So far, superb -- reliable and very accurate -- fist sized groups at 15 yards, off hand. Hopefully its good performance will continue.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
everyone I know that has one sweare's by them and not at them. I almost bought one my self but wasn't as good a deal as yours was. I opted for a charters arms off duty in 38 sp. One ugly finsh had to have it. Someone painted it with gun color I guess and its all camo. So it was more of want than need.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Tried one out before and it was a good experience. Everyone i know also swears by them. Think that they are a bargin.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bersas are made by Bersa in Argentina. And it's quite light in weight.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
quote:Originally posted by David the Gnome

So is it like a Walther PPK but made by someone other than Walther/S&W?
Similar to a walther ppks but if i remenber right just a bit larger with an alloy frame---size sorta reminds me of a makarov

·
Registered
31 Posts
It seems most of these .380's are clones of the Walther PPK. Here is my Sphinx AT-380. IMHO the .380 is a very underestimated round.

·
Registered
758 Posts
mouse guns are really handy.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A bit of bad news: had a fail to eject (stovepipe) with Remington 88 grain JHP on round #61, four rounds after I'd cleaned and relubed the gun. Was shooting rapid fire, and might've limpwristed just a bit. It wasn't the ammo's fault, because it wasn't a feeding failure.

I know some new guns require a "break in period" (which is why I like Glocks and Rugers so much -- no "break in" foolishness), so I'll keep shooting the Bersa in the weeks and months to come and give it a chance to prove itself to me through a few hundred rounds.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've shot 86 rounds so far with the one failure, the stovepipe on round sixty one.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I looked at one of these today. It seemed ok enough for the price but I also picked it up immediately after fondling the PPK/S that I ended up buying. After holding the PPK the Bersa felt like a toy (I mean no offense of course :)). The darn thing also bit me! When I released the slide the inside of my thumb was a little to high on the grip and SNAP, I put a little piece of my skin back on the counter with that one. :(

·
Registered
304 Posts
Despite my misgivings and despite it biting me I'm still drawn to this Bersa Thunder 380... There's just something about it. I think it's the PPK looks coupled with that amazing price tag. I know I don't actually need one but I want one now...

·
Registered
758 Posts
The Walther is also famous for taking skin off the web between your thumb and finger, but I haven't had any problems with my PPK/S. I think it's all in the grip, and if you know about it beforehand, I would think you should be able to compensate.

It's a good looking little piece anyway you look at it.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Right, Bunzo-most folks grab it too high-and that says not enough practice...you can do the same with most pistols...not a problem...I've seen a guy cock a 1911 and leave his thumb on the hammer when he shot it....once....

·
Registered
304 Posts
quote:Originally posted by sheepdog

Right, Bunzo-most folks grab it too high-and that says not enough practice...you can do the same with most pistols...not a problem...I've seen a guy cock a 1911 and leave his thumb on the hammer when he shot it....once....
Wow, lol. I've never done that one at least. :D

·
Registered
304 Posts
I went to the store to pick up some more .380acp for my PPK and he brought home a friend. I couldn't stop him... :D

Got it for $198.99, couldn't say no. My only dissapointment was to discover there was only the one clip in the box. Looks like I'll have to order up a few goodies for it sometime soon. It really feels great on my hip. I bought a Galco Cop Series holster for it and it fits my side perfectly. Definetly the most comfortable gun I own. [8D]

1 - 20 of 30 Posts