Ruger Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bersa Thunder .380

3K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  ShipWreck 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any information on this weapon? Or general comments on Bersa.

#2 ·
Bersa guns are made in Argentina. They have questionable quality at best. The "Thunder" models were available in 22, 380, 9mm, 40 S&W, and 45 ACP. I had quite a few of these come into the shop for repairs ... mostly broken parts that I could not order and would be too expensive to make. Though the guns looked nice, they did not hold up well. I would put them on a "don't buy" list, especially if you plan to use one for self defense.

#3 ·
I bought a Bersa Firestorm .22 which is the same size and weight as their .380 Thunder. To say I was disappointed is an understatement. The fit and finish is poor unless viewed from 3 feet away where it looks fine. I had to actually take a Dremil to remove casting flash from the interior of the slide so that the recoil spring would fit correctly. It only feeds 'hot' .22's like CCI Stingers reliably. Remington, Federal and Winchester bulk rounds won't cycle reliably at all with failures every 3-5 rounds. The pistols only come with one magazine and spares are VERY expensive.

I would not recommend Bersa based on my experience.

#4 ·
If one is relied upon-I'll be glad because it'll be by the other guy-couldn't give me a Bersa, Raven, Phoenix, Jennings, we get what we pay for...the only "cheap" one I'd trust is KelTec-and that only after 200+ rounds of the very round I will be carrying...some places you just can't afford to cut costs...I "picture" my 13-year-old grabbing it up to defend his life....ain't gonna be no piece of pot metal....

#5 ·
quote:Originally posted by sheepdog

If one is relied upon-I'll be glad because it'll be by the other guy-couldn't give me a Bersa, Raven, Phoenix, Jennings, we get what we pay for...the only "cheap" one I'd trust is KelTec-and that only after 200+ rounds of the very round I will be carrying...some places you just can't afford to cut costs...I "picture" my 13-year-old grabbing it up to defend his life....ain't gonna be no piece of pot metal....
+1

#7 ·
Got a SIG 232 that I use sometimes at work...nice...and an older Walther...kinda nice also. BUT...I ended up with a Bersa "CC" thru a buddy of mine and, really guys, I like it! It's a newer model...light, thin, and pretty darn accurate with a nice action.

So far...it's more than "held it's own" against the other two! Th' jury is still out, and will be fer' a spell, but if things continue as now, it should be a winner.

Don't know much about the rest of Bersa's products, tho'....

#8 ·
I have a Bersa Duo Tone in .380 ACP. Fine little semi, no problems and it eats anything/everything I stick in it. Over 1000 rounds now and the only thing that has happen is the grips screws loosened up, I Loc Tited them in and haven't loosen up.
I like mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.