Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the range today and tried several 22lr brands in my new LCP 2; got mixed results. Every ammo I tried except Federal [not sure what type] stovepiped at least once. nose shape and velocity figure here.I will try CCI minimags next, always had good service from minimags in other semiautos.What have you tried that was flawless in the LCP 2 22lr? Thanks.

·
Registered
243 Posts
So far after a day 1 learning process, in my hands the 22lr has been extremely well behaved with both CCI MM’s, and Remington GB’s. Next time out I may try some old Winchester White Box ones.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Depends on how picky yours is. Mine will eat thunderbolts all day. Same with minimags.

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,747 Posts
My LCPII22LR has been tested with the following. I have had no issues with mine now up to 1,400+ rounds. The only issues I have had is with Winchester. I have not put any Hyper Velocity ammo down range other than to test it. It shoots thunderbolts and most anything I tested. Good grip with a good cleaning after practice helps. I decided to stick with my range ammo below. This has worked for me. Your results may vary. Good luck and put as much time in at the range as you can.
CCI MINI MAG 22LR CPRN 40gr. fps 1235
CCI MINI MAG 22LR CPHP 36gr. fps 1260
Blazer 22LR 40gr LRN 1255fps
Blazer 22LR 38gr. 1235fps. LRN
Remington Golden Bullet 22LR 40gr. 1255fps. Plated RN
Federal 22LR 36gr 1260fps CPHP

Reactions: Wildtoad
1 - 5 of 5 Posts