Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 10-22. I know the old saying try all brands of ammo till you find the one that works best in ..YOUR ....rifle.

But if anyone here would suggests what seem to work best for them....that would be my starting place???

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
For a starting point, I use the Federal bulk pack stuff. For starters, it works - no FTF, no jams, not too dirty. May not be the most accurate in every one but it's a good base to start at. Once that's done, if you're wanting to squeeze a bit more out of yours, start trying different stuff.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I love my 10/22 and it is dead-on accurate. Part of my reasoning for playing with my 22 is how cheap you can shot it. I generally will buy a bulk (brick) of whatever I can find the cheapest. My 10/22 will shot it all as long as I don't let it get too dirty. Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I shoot rem. Golden bullets bulk pack. I cannot even remember the last time I cleaned her. Well guess I better go clean now that I thought about it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I shoot rem. Golden bullets bulk pack. I cannot even remember the last time I cleaned her. Well guess I better go clean now that I thought about it.
just picked up a box of those. havent had a chance to try them yet but just cleaned the 1022 so maybe il get to try them this week

·
Registered
343 Posts
these are the best you can buy in bulk packs....

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
The old saying is right, mine loves the federal bulk pack, remmington bulk can be finicky, hope you find the ones that work great for you

·
Registered
854 Posts
Love my 10/22. I've put Winchester, Remmington and Federal bulk stuff through it. There doesn't seem to be anything it doesn't like.

·
Registered
148 Posts
FWIW, I find that Federal Hi-Power has about 1/50 duds. Either no priming compound or not 360 degree coverage. If I rotate the round somewhat so I get a different strike point, then it's a 50-50. So no more of that once it's gone...CCI does just fine...

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
All I can offer is that Aquila, IMHO, is filth. Very dirty stuff to shoot. If I shoot it in my S&W 22A (semi-auto) I can't go very far before it gets so dirty it stops running. Same thing in my 10/22, it just takes longer. Blech!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for the inputon what you like and what you do not.
this gun is only for shooting gopher; and that takes about 300-500 rounds a day. so bulk is the way to go.

·
Banned
3,511 Posts
Federal champion and winchester 333/555 are both pretty reliable and cheap, golden bullets are less reliable, but some guns really like them, mini mags alway work but are pricey.

·
Registered
172 Posts
CCI High velocity and Federal Gold Metal ammo

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've had my 10/22 since early February and have been experimenting with different ammo. I concur with JRickard81 on the Rem. Golden bullets bulk: good, low-cost ammo. Still experimenting to determine which brand I'm willing to spend a little more on to improve accuracy but the Golden bullets are probably going to be my every day plinking ammo.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Remington GB's are junk... dirty, unreliable, and you get what you pay for...

I got about halfway through a box and couldnt get half of them to cycle through the factory mags 90% of the time... switched to CCI, and not only did the cycling issue disappear, but so did the horrible filth after every 50 rounds.

YMMV... but I know others who had the same issues with Remington GB's... not worth saving a few bucks IMHO

1 - 20 of 30 Posts