Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
i replace mine when my car won't start, or more accurately, when it raises a big stink about it. here in the desert that seems to be about every 3+ years.

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
NAPA...has always worked for me...and I've never had to use their warranty, unlike a few other car batteries!

I know INTERSTATE also makes a great battery!

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
The most reliable battery I've owned was a white case Deka 1000 (1100 CA & 1000 CCA). It lasted 10 years in my pickup before I had to replace it.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
I used to buy nothing but Sears Diehard, but i've found that Wal Mart batteries are made by Exide and are as good. No problems with them, they have a good warranty, and are reasonably priced.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I also bought Diehard batteries, but they always died three months before the warranty run out, now i use Auto Zone or Wal Mart batteries and have not had any problems with them.

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
Whoever makes the Ford Motorcraft battery gets my vote.
In my purchased-new 1990 F-150, I finally replaced the battery in 1997. In December of 2001, I purchased an new '02 F-150, and that battery is still in the truck, starting it every day for the past almost-11 years. Of course, now that I've put this into print, it'll probably crap out when I go out later this morning to run some errands. :D

·
Registered
540 Posts
Interstate.

In the rides.
In my truck.
In the tractor.

·
Premium Member
1,321 Posts
I've had no problems with Interstate.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Plus 1 for Wally World. Truck, and car...and two tractor/mowers They always have what I want in stock...even the Deere dealer can't make that claim (for batteries).

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I buy the cheapest battery I can find...which is usually wally world. They last just fine and stand up against any of the higher priced batteries I have bought in the past.

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
I've been using Car Quest batteries for long time.My wife works for them in upper management so we get her discount. They have proven to be a great battery. Of course CQ have their good ,better and best line. I buy the best they have same with their oil filters. I have never had to replace one under warranty.My old Ford has a CQ battery.That has to be close to 7 years old. It doesn't get used much and when I hit the key it cranks. It can sit for few weeks and it turns it right over.

When I had my Nissan Titan the factory battery lasted less than 4 years. Replaced it with a CQ. Took it out when I traded it in and put a cheaper battery in it.

I never had good luck with the Sears Die Hards.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I've had three Die Hard batteries and will not buy a fourth. Each time the new one would die fast and had to be pro-rated for a replacement. They seem to die hard rather quickly. Look elsewhere.

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
I understand from several pros I know that there are only three battery manufacturers in the U.S., no matter what brand is on them. I just buy whatever's on sale, and get one notch below the best. Usually just a few months less, for a lot less green.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts