Ruger Forum banner

Best conceal carry holster for the money.

7K views 21 replies 19 participants last post by  dixieboysles 
#1 ·
#2 · (Edited)
I absolutely love my DeSantis Intruder for my G17....It is very comfortable! I wear it everywhere.... It is leather and kydex.. I got mine for under $50 and I have seen them several places for under $50. Best purchase I ever made for CCW. What good does it do to have a gun and be able to CCW if the holster you have is too uncomfortable to wear all the time...

#4 ·
The DeSantis Nemesis is a great pocket holster, and only $20. Much better than Blackhawks and other nylon models. Even better than DeSantis' own SuperFly, which is the Nemesis with an added flap. Too bulky unless you are using a very roomy pocket. Leaves little room to get your hand in the pocket.

Another best pocket model is Galco's horsehide model. Works well and would likely never wear out, for $40. They do not yet have one for my LCRs, though.

#6 ·
Remora

#7 ·
Ditto

#8 ·
Make your own! I bought some kydex, leather, and hardware online and I got materials for 5 holsters for only about $50, that is $10 a holster. You can find tutorials online for molding the kydex and assembling the holster, but it is pretty easy if you are a handy guy.

Another option is to buy the leather and hardware, then buy pre-molded shells from Old Faithful Holsters. That takes the hardest part of the holster out of your hands and gets you a professional looking product. I think they sell the shells for about $15, so for around $20 you can have a professional IWB Hybrid holster that you can be proud of because you made it yourself!

Another good thing about it is if a holster maker does not make a holster for your gun, it doesn't matter because you can make your own. I wanted to carry my 4" .357 revolver a while ago, but couldn't find a hybrid holster for one, so I made it myself and it worked great. I also have holsters for my wife's LCP, my Keltec PF9, and my Ruger SR9c and SR9 that I made all for myself. It is satisfying carrying a gun in a rig that you made yourself.

#10 ·
Yes, kydex is very easy to work with. In the oven at 300deg take it out place on home made mold for 5 min. Trim and drill holes then attach to leather. Took a few times to get the first one right. Had to recook keydex 3 times. The kydes always flatens back out to remold.

#16 ·
I love the Crossbreed Holsters. Unfortunately they're expensive. High quality and well made though.

#18 ·
The two (2) best holsters that I own are a set of OWB OLD WORLD LEATHER holsters for the compact and subcompact sized Glock pistols! They are absolutely the best!!! I just wish they were still in production!!!

The holster that I think comes in second place (and they are a close 2nd) are the Bianchi Leather holsters! I have the Model 7 Ranger 3-Slot OWB holsters for my GP100 and SP101 revolvers...and I love them! I haven't found one yet that I would buy to replace them!

#21 ·
Kohlster holster has been the best for me. And the customer service and warranty is just amazing. It comes in a cresest moon shape but cut it to fit me better. kohlster still warrantys the holster after you cut it too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.