Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I was wondering what your best suggestions and techniques/products you use for lubing your 10/22's after a good cleaning?

My wife and I go out every saterday and put in the nieghborhood of 4-500 rounds each through our 10/22's so we do a good strip and clean, then re-lube.. I use Break Free CLP at the moment, but it sounds like maybe there is a better way..

·
Registered
334 Posts
Currently, I use Frog Lube. I pretty much lube everything down according to their directions. I do this on my 10-22. Until just now, I was using a combination of Tetra and Frog lube on my other firearms. It appears that I can just use Frog Lube on them too. Another member of this fine forum recommended that I do not use anything other than Frog lube if I am to use Frog lube.

So far, I have had really good results using Frog lube on my 10/22. My 10/22 is that which you see on my profile picture.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nobody else? oooook..lol Anyone know where in canada you can get frog lube?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To paraphrase the chorus from Arlo Guthrie's "Alice's Restaurant":
You can get anything you want
At the World Wide Internet

FrogLube Global Distributors ~ It Just Works!
;)
Thanks, but from what I can tell, that list is sadly out of date.. I did some digging around, and there are other "dealers" in canada, but info is scarse. I was more looking to see if there were any dealers that anyone out there knew of that I hadnt come accross..lol

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
I just drop my 10/22 into a drum of 30 weight I keep in the basement, then let it drain a while before I wipe it down and put it away.........:D.......

Ever imagine some Billy-Bob out there writing that seriously, if he could spell all the words?

I just put a drop of oil everywhere something pivots on a pin, wipe the recoil spring with an oily swab, and an oily patch down the bore.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
I am liking the froglube a lot at this point...just got it...did a complete clean/lube...then 'torture' tested it...ran great...very happy...I posted the details of my first impression and initial results...fwiw...

http://rugerforum.net/maintenance/60828-froglube.html?

I really can't see how you can go wrong on a 10/22 with froglube...going to try it on my glock next...

I would definitely get the paste...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts