Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome both review and pictures. I'd like to keep my iron sights -- or sub for an aftermarket system. Looking forward to great feedback. Cheers, Scott

·
Registered
722 Posts
I'm looking at the Williams peep sight set for my 10/22TD. I think it would keep the compact, packable concept of the rifle. If any body has feedback on that product I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Anyone here have first hand experience with the UTG or Leapers small compact scopes? It seems they have many progressions of updates or changed models. Is the optics clarity even worth considering one of these cheaper scopes?

·
Banned
359 Posts
From the research I did, all depends on which Williams aperture sight you mean. Only the Foolproof series has adjustment screws with detent clicks. On the less-expensive model you loosen the set screws and slide-adjust the sight. The problem with that type is you lose your zero when adjusting, and I have read that the set screws don't hold the sight firmly enough and can allow it to slip under recoil.

The big advantages of the Williams FP-series sight are the adjustment knobs (exra cost) and the range of apertures from 3/8" to 7/8" with a range of hole sizes. For iron-sight accuracy, they are awesome. Otherwise, I'm happy with the Tech-Sights on one of my 10/22s as they are rugged and acquire the target quickly, with click adjustment when I want to dial them in for a specific range.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts